Page 582 of 817 FirstFirst ... 82482532572580581582583584592632682 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 8170

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The Bureau.

Halfway through the first season (of five) and it is outstanding. Actually makes one think the way an intelligence operative would have to under the set of circumstances presented.

Complex, intelligent and subtle. I hope it stays this good throughout the run.

(French with subtitles.)
    You had me at outstanding....

...until you got to “French with subtitles”

So much to overcome there...

Late to the party, but I watched "Night Stalker - The Hunt for A Serial Killer" on Netflix. I thought it was excellent. It's largely told through interviews with the two lead detectives from LA County SO . They're absolutely terrific. The SF detective is awesome too - his enhanced interrogation of a friend of the killer helped break the case wide open.

Also surprisingly entertaining: "Operation Odessa" on Netflix. From IMDb: "From the director and producers of The Seven Five comes Operation Odessa, a true crime thriller about a Russian mobster, a Miami playboy and a Cuban spy who teamed up to sell a nuclear submarine to a Colombian drug cartel." It was much better than I expected.

I watched a couple of low budget movies over the weekend.

Captive State: Aliens have taken over the world. Ten years(ish) after the invasion, a resistance cell in Chicago is starting an operation.

This one reminded me quite a lot of the TV-series Colony, only without the naivete of an American TV network series. The movie is a whole lot better than its IMBD score would indicate! (Apparently, some people mistakenly thought this was an action movie and were disappointed by the lack of action?) Recommended. (Edit: The movie does at some places seem like a frightenigly plausible view of a near future surveillance state, minus the alien overlords.)

Shivers from 1975. Basically, giant leeches grow inside humans and turn them into mindless sex zombies. Yes, the movie is just as bad as it sounds. The acting, the plot, the extra special effects... Good grief. The only good thing in this movie is that young Lynn Lowry was pretty damn hot. Which really doesn't make up for the awfullness of the rest of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Late to the party, but I watched "Night Stalker - The Hunt for A Serial Killer" on Netflix. I thought it was excellent. It's largely told through interviews with the two lead detectives from LA County SO . They're absolutely terrific. The SF detective is awesome too - his enhanced interrogation of a friend of the killer helped break the case wide open.
    I kept falling asleep, through no fault of the show, and I enjoyed the interview style with the two detectives telling the story as well.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    You had me at outstanding....

...until you got to “French with subtitles”

So much to overcome there...
    It's worth the small effort for the excellence of the show...imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

"Sworn to Justice" on Amazon Prime. I haven't finished this 2002 movie and don't expect a great deal, but after watching the first fight scene where Cynthia Rothrock takes on 3 guys I had to look her up (wiki). This is not some trained-up, rehearsed actress. I don't know much about martial arts, but she is obviously a true badass even a the age of 45 when the film was released with numerous championships in several disciplines. She may still run a martial arts studio in Los Gatos, CA. COVID Daze has some of us taking in more TV junk than is healthy, but it will pass if I ever get vaccinated.

the selections from this weekend.....

The Little Things- probably a C+, wishes it was the movie Seven, just didn't get there

The White Tiger- this was an excellent flick on Netflix. Highly recommend.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I see you on Prime, with Helen Hunt. 5 of 5. I don't want to spoil it other than to say you will not see the end coming. You might think you do, but you don't.
    Ms Hunt now .... I know it's tacky to talk about somebody's appearance, but she seriously looks .... interesting. Still a good actor though.
    I watched it over the weekend. Decent movie with some good plot twists.

As far as Helen Hunt's looks...Wow, not like I remembered her at all. I don't know if it's plastic surgery gone bad or just a hard life showing on her face but...Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The Bureau.

Halfway through the first season (of five) and it is outstanding. Actually makes one think the way an intelligence operative would have to under the set of circumstances presented.

Complex, intelligent and subtle. I hope it stays this good throughout the run.

(French with subtitles.)
    If you don't mind a few French subtitles, there are 3 seasons of The Tunnel on Prime. I enjoyed the series. It's a series about a cooperative investigation that starts with muder and expands into terrorism, with a British Detective Inspector and a female French detective that promotes up the chain despite some lack of 'people skills.' Actual subtitling is minor.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    If you don't mind a few French subtitles, there are 3 seasons of The Tunnel on Prime. I enjoyed the series. It's a series about a cooperative investigation that starts with muder and expands into terrorism, with a British Detective Inspector and a female French detective that promotes up the chain despite some lack of 'people skills.' Actual subtitling is minor.
    We watched the first season on PBS and though we finished it, neither of us found it compelling. I started to watch the second season but blew it off. Wanted to like it...but it wasn't to be.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List