Page 804 of 819 FirstFirst ... 304704754794802803804805806814 ... LastLast
Results 8,031 to 8,040 of 8188

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

We watched No Escape again on Paramount+. Riveting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Escape_(2015_film)
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

I hate when TV shows, or movies, are trying to be serious, but are ridiculously unrealistic. However, I very much enjoy when shows make it clear they are being ridiculous, embrace it for humor, and do it well. Its why I like "Monk," and "Psych."

Well, I recently discovered a show I had missed during its original run, that is hilarious: "Chuck"
    "When a computer geek inadvertently downloads critical government secrets into his brain, both the CIA and the NSA assign an agent to protect him and exploit his newfound skills."

The references to other movies, and TV shows, are especially funny. For example, one of the characters is played by Adam Baldwin, who played "Animal Mother" in "Full Metal Jacket", and in an early episode delivers one of his famous lines from that movie. There is stuff like that throughout the series.

Over the last several months I've watched the whole series.

Site Supporter
    La Brea: Series Finale.

Name:  Dumpster.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  42.2 KB

I thought the first season of this show had some promise, but as it went on, it went downhill.

Spoiler Alert:

I say spoiler, but in reality it was so obvious it isn't a spoiler. As I predicted, Natalie Zee was in the last show for less than 5 minutes. The people with the least talent got the most screen time. There were more threads than I could keep up with, and they tried to have clip hangers for each one. Toward the end, there was a ridiculous game of "chicken" between an F22 and a T-Rex.
    Then, we had to have happy reunions and promises of eternal friendship for each thread, so it just dragged on and on.

I won't even go into the multitude of time paradoxes they never addressed. You've probably got better things to do with your life.

Out of Darkness. Stone Age horror movie in which a group of nomads arrive in a strange land and encounter...something. Yet another "the monster is us" story but one that leans pretty hard into it without any modern morality tropes until the very end. Not great but not bad for a rainy day matinee. Nice and short too.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    So far, I've been liking Monsieur Spade on AMC.
    Just watched the finale. It mostly held up. I hope they pick it up for a second season.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

At one point, I realized I was watching something with no likable/relatable characters. That improved shortly thereafter. Otherwise, worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Just rewatched ZeroZeroZero on Amazon Prime. Still holds up. Some of the subplots got a bit convoluted, particularly with the Italian Camorra. This may be the only time I've ever seen the Mexican FX-05 Xiucoatl, in the hands of the Mexican commando unit that is obviously inspired by the Zetas. I enjoyed it even a second time through. If you don't mind subtitles and are interested in a globe-spanning crime story, give it a shot.

Binge watching Boardwalk Empire at the moment.

Watched The Wrong Missy on Netflix. David Spade has a blind date from hell with Lauren Lapkus. He then mistakenly texts the wrong woman and invites her to a company retreat on an island. Total scream.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

I went a bit off my usual path and watched "Delicious in Dungeon" based on several friends' recommendations. It legitimately surprised me. It has a lot of the usual exaggerated anime character tropes, but toned down to the point that it didn't annoy me, and the premise is intriguing (a D&D-style adventuring party too poor to afford enough supplies to go dungeon-crawling to rescue a comrade-in-arms, so they resolve to just eat the monsters they kill along the way). It's got a frankly surprising amount of depth and character growth/exploration.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter
    Queen of the South

Name:  Queen.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  11.8 KB

Netflix

We're on Episode 6 of Season 5.
    As a rule I don't get into drug lord movies, but we've pretty much scrapped the bottom of the barrel as far as our streaming channels go. The characters are fun and Alice Bragga is not hard on the eyes.

The violence is over the top and the gun play is ridiculous. Bullets have to go around Teresa's people. Still, only 4 episodes left and I'll miss it when it's gone. There's better stuff on TV, but there's worse also.

User Tag List