Page 60 of 819 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160560 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Finally got around to Deadwood and just finished season 1. It's as good as everyone says.
    The characters are great and some of the supporting actors are just flat amazing, Brad Dourif and William Sanderson in particular.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

The wife recorded the reboots of MacGyver and Lethal Weapon. While it did pay some homage to the original, the new MacGyver pretty much sucked. Maybe it was just dumbed down for the pilot episode, but they actually had a close up of a paperclip with the words "paperclip" next to the paperclip in case anyone didn't know it was a f*****g paperclip. The "Burn Notice" like monologues were also annoying. OTOH, the new Lethal Weapon wasn't half bad. Damon Wayans character needs some work but Clayne Crawford as a troubled redneck Martin Riggs had some very funny moments and has a lot of potential.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

For those who are enjoing Gomorrah or just fancy a good political thriller I recommend Suburra. Same director of the series Gomorra, more focused on Rome, the center of political power in Italy. I hear a series will follow, much like Gomorrah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    ZOMG!!

Season 2 of Bosch is free on Prime! Excellent. I love this series; it's like Justified but without the Kentucky twang.

Plus Miles Davis.

Watched Episode 1, it was awesome. Will be watching all the rest over the next few weeks.

5 out of 5 for me.
    Finished the season tonight.

Really really good series.

Almost makes me want one of those 1911 things.

Quote Originally Posted by looseduke View Post
    For those who are enjoing Gomorrah or just fancy a good political thriller I recommend Suburra. Same director of the series Gomorra, more focused on Rome, the center of political power in Italy. I hear a series will follow, much like Gomorrah.
    Thanks for the recommendation - just finished the last two episodes of Gomorrah. Amazing. Best show on TV. Can't wait for Season Two to reach the USA.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Blackhat. It was entertaining, but I thought they could have cut the movie by about 30 min. 7/10.

Site Supporter
    Designated Survivor - I like the series. The whole Government is destroyed except for the designated survivor (Keifer Sutherland as HUD secretary). All the bureaucrats and generals left are buttwipes. Great scene when the Gov. of Michigan goes Hitlerian to put Muslims in camps. The new Pres. asks for two constitutional lawyers for options and they blather like DC idiots.

One of my favorite shows that was cancelled was Copper. Bought the series on Blue Ray, and added 4 seasons of Ripper Street. Ripper Street has been a fun show. Now that I am not watching things like the NFL, or cable news I am enjoying a lot of the BBC type series.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    One of my favorite shows that was cancelled was Copper. Bought the series on Blue Ray, and added 4 seasons of Ripper Street. Ripper Street has been a fun show. Now that I am not watching things like the NFL, or cable news I am enjoying a lot of the BBC type series.
    Foyle's War is also very good.

WWII backdrop, and well directed with good writing. Plus, those colorful supporting actors the Brits seem to do very well.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The Magnificent Seven, the re-remake. And yes, I did. Pretty light on the moralizing, heavy on the gunplay.

“I seek righteousness, as should we all. But I’ll take revenge."
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 10-01-2016 at 02:09 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List