Page 689 of 819 FirstFirst ... 189589639679687688689690691699739789 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,890 of 8186

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Lost
    I'm fixing to teach a story telling workshop, and I'm using Lost as an example of why you should have the overall arc of your book series planned out before you publish #1.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'm fixing to teach a story telling workshop, and I'm using Lost as an example of why you should have the overall arc of your book series planned out before you publish #1.
    I just despise a show where I can see the writers sitting around a table and saying, "Oh .. Oh ... What if we doe this?" I would say that it drifts away from the main plot, except, there was likely never a main plot. Just a vague idea that a bunch of desperate people throw ideas at. Doing good to get three seasons. No spin off. Quickly lost to history.

Apologies in advance if this is redundant but we just watched two movies that we both loved.

"The Tender Bar"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3108894/

"Dog" (2022)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11252248/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Watched the May Sumo tournament. The major yokozunas of the recent past are gone due to retirement or drunken stupidity. Just one new one, so the matches lack a touch of intense quality. Watching fat guys in thongs? Certainly, under the fat is some real strength and resiliency to getting clobbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Watched the May Sumo tournament. The major yokozunas of the recent past are gone due to retirement or drunken stupidity. Just one new one, so the matches lack a touch of intense quality. Watching fat guys in thongs? Certainly, under the fat is some real strength and resiliency to getting clobbered.
    I watched most of it too last week when I was in San Diego and got the NHK channel. I agree. Probably the least interesting tournament I have ever seen. There seems to be a gap in the upcoming top guys. In all previous years, it was obvious who was stepping up to the next level. This time, not so much.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

My favorite TV show of all time is the Brit series "The Professionals" from the 70's.

A great action cop show about a unit that works on special high level crime like terrorists and high end robbers. It was briefly shown on US pay TV in the early 80's where I saw it and it grabbed hold of high school me at the perfect time. I managed later to order the DVD box set from Amazon UK but they are (of coures) UK region so you need an all region DVD player. When mine died a few years ago, I never replaced it so I ahve not watched the series in ages.

You can find them on YouTube in an okay print, but last week I found them on the Xumo service in a great print, and the entire series. I watched my favorite couple of episodes (Where the Jungle Ends and Old Dogs -going to watch the Heroes episode next weekend) and was in heaven. Xumo is a free app and free service. I highly suggest people check them out.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    "Operation Mincemeat" on Netflix. I was a bit disappointed. I'd read the book by Ben Macintyre. It was fascinating. The book focused on the actual operation.
    The Netflix movie spends too much time on the drama between between the officers in charge of the operation, and too little on the actual mission.
    An earlier, and better in my opinion, movie on the subject is "The Man Who Never Was." It was made in 1956. Likely nobody on this board will have ever heard of any of the actors, but it focused on the actual operation.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Apologies in advance if this is redundant but we just watched two movies that we both loved.

"The Tender Bar"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3108894/

"Dog" (2022)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11252248/
    I really enjoyed The Tender Bar. I had to read the book afterwards. It’s a good read too. If I’d read the book first I wouldn’t have been disappointed in the movie.

I haven’t seen Dog but two truths in the trailer. A working Malinois destroying a car seat and going after a water bottle.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I really enjoyed the first season of Picard. enough of the core of TNG, but with an adult edge that I appreciated.

Started episode 1 of season 2 and I'm not so sure just yet.
    Finished Season 2. far more "woke" than I'd like, but honestly they kind of brought it back around at the end in a way that I didn't mind.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I really enjoyed The Tender Bar. I had to read the book afterwards. It’s a good read too. If I’d read the book first I wouldn’t have been disappointed in the movie.

I haven’t seen Dog but two truths in the trailer. A working Malinois destroying a car seat and going after a water bottle.
    In Dog, I swear there is some script writing that convinced me anyway they had some pretty decent Mil, specifically 75th tech advising.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List