Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FNS 9

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    I'm curious if Bill Riehl ever reached a conclusion on FredM's gun for the issue mentioned toward the end of the thread JSGlock34 linked to.
    John Johnson at Ballistic Radio was doing a long term test / eval on the FNS 9 long slide. He got a few thousand rounds into it and it just kind of went into limbo - as far as I know they never released the results.

I am hearing of repeated issues with the FNS9 when they have a WML on them, fails to feed issues and double feeds.

Just throwing that out there.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

The FNX 45 frame flex video doesn't inspire confidence - did the FNS9 ever exhibit similar problems?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I am hearing of repeated issues with the FNS9 when they have a WML on them, fails to feed issues and double feeds.

Just throwing that out there.
    I believe thats been confirmed by FNH in some way, ill have to check my bookmarks.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    The FNX 45 frame flex video doesn't inspire confidence - did the FNS9 ever exhibit similar problems?
    I had an fn 45 tactical and an fnx45 before that (years ago) both guns were very solid guns. That video may have shown a one off QC failure.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

FNH acts acts is if they are ambivalent about being a serious handgun maker in the US.

The FNS is pretty darn good for a 1.0 offering. However, given the incredible competition, they need gens 2.0 and beyond, plus a big corporate support effort to distinguish a pistol in these times. Right now, that doesn't appear to be happening.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Crap! I'm getting scared I may have thrown money away. I hope these issues are all fixed and I get a good one.

My biggest complaint about the fns is with the magazines. The protrusion on the front that interacts with the mag catch must be made of razor blades, as it has drawn blood on numerous occasions during reloads at speed. It is just the right height where my finger indexes on top of it and ends up slicing me.

How do you feel about the gun overall?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    How do you feel about the gun overall?
    I think it is accurate and has an enormous maxwell. Overly complex compared to the competition -- the Glock. Hard to lighten the trigger. I like the way the trigger breaks further forward than a Glock. Ambivalent about the thumb safety. Mags and accessories a pain. I like the .40, and it feeds hard cast reliably. Not enough of them out there to trouble shoot stuff like chuck refers to, and Fred M experienced.

If FNH ran with it, it could turn into a very pistol. Right now, it is in process of becoming an orphan.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List