Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FNS 9

FNS 9

Anyone here have, shoot, carry etc one of these. Local shop has em with 3 mags and a safety which I don't want but can order them without safety and with u notch night sights for 625-650.
    Thoughts gentlemen?

Ernest Langdon is currently having a love affair with the Beretta PX4 compact, but he had good things to say about the FNS9 last year. Here's the thread...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....d-2-265-rounds
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I have a compact fns like the gun a lot but I have been having issues with mine. I dont know if it is an out of spec slide stop or magazines. What is happenning is that the mag follower is slipping past the slide stop and getting stuck and as it happens more the follower is getting worse.

On one mag or all?

Price seems a tad high, but they're good guns. I had one for a bit. Good shooter, reliable, & accurate.

Did they fix the issue with the slide getting stuck closed?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

High prices are typical here. High transfer fees too so it's a wash. I'm going standard sights and no safety so 550 plus tax.

I bought one when they first came out. Got one with the saftey, the saftey is just the right size for me. I had mine when they first came out so no sight options. Factory sights were ok. My favorite thing was the grip texture. Only pistol I've ever owned that I didn't want to stipple. Very nice and aggressive. Shot well, trigger was..meh.

http://www.vdmsr.com/2012/10/fns-9-repost.html

Im gana wait for FN to make a second version of it before I get into it again. First version was meh.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Your review didn't sound too bad Voodoo. The one I handled today seemed to have a nice smooth trigger pull and decent and crisp reset. Not long like say a P30. We will see I couldn't hold off. I ordered one. I'm not sure I'll even get to shoot it for a while. Baby very soon. Then...no shooting for a while.

User Tag List