Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FNS 9

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I had an fn 45 tactical and an fnx45 before that (years ago) both guns were very solid guns. That video may have shown a one off QC failure.
    I agree that the video shows an extreme case, but I was citing this example more in response to Chuck's post about reported problems with WMLs. Makes me think that the frame might not be stiff enough.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    We start issuing the FNS-9 later this month. Four instructors have been carrying the pistol with the TLR-1 (and TLR-3 in one case) for several months. I'm not sure how many rounds were fired through those guns. The rest of the instructors went through transition training last month. In my class of four, one weapon had a double feed and refused to go into battery on one occasion. Of the recent class of instructors, I've put the most rounds through mine, having been issued the pistol early to attend an IALEFI master pistol instructor class. The weapon worked fine during the IALEFI conference, the transition class, and one impromptu range session. It then experienced two double feeds during qualification.

Based on conversation with an FBI SWAT team leader at the range, working theory is that it might be interaction between the metal-railed TLR-1 and the polymer frame of the pistol. Of course, we have purchased sixty holsters to fit the pistol with the TLR-1 attached and additional TLR-1's for officers not utilizing them on our current issue 226's.

I'm not in love with the cheese-grater grips, but that may change. I confess I'm unreliable with the sights at greater distances, but hopefully that is the result of having used three-dot sights for a quarter century and will change with time.

Quite frankly, I think we should have gone with Glock or S&W (or even rolled the dice on the SIG 320).

Right, now the Gen 4 17 would seem to be the safest choice, or perhaps the 320 if you want to gamble on the unknown.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hoping their 10 round mags are gtg too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I am hearing of repeated issues with the FNS9 when they have a WML on them, fails to feed issues and double feeds.

Just throwing that out there.
    Any WML in particular, and load combination? I can try...
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Itll be here Tuesday. Hoping to shoot it next week some time. Sort of wishing I went with the USP9C they had after this thread but maybe it'll end up being a good gun.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post

Quite frankly, I think we should have gone with Glock or S&W (or even rolled the dice on the SIG 320).
    I always find it sad to hear a LEO say they would prefer 2 handguns that to me seem so bargain basement in both quality and history. You are very fortunate your dept. didn't go with glock and you admin hasn't fallen victim of their mafia like sales tactics. But then I find it amazing that a dept. would dump Sig's for plastic too. Glocks have been very problematic here in south Fl., warping and seizing left and right. But you'll never hear about it with glocks total control over the agencies experiencing it.

Update:

The shop allowed me to change my mind to whatever I want. I'm picking up a USP9c V1 this week instead. Not sure if I will change to light LEM or leave it. No rush.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    is that about the same size as a g19?

User Tag List