Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing The Gestalt from Custom Carry Concepts

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    Jay23,
    I don't have anything to use for camparison. Hopefully someone will post up some comparison pics.

Kevin P,
    The mounting plates on the Gestalt are the same as the adapter plates for the Shaggy. The mount in a similar position just different mounting points and no added wedge. The Gestalt is much slimmer over all than the Shaggy but not really any narrower.
    Thanks Rich. I'm thinking it's going to be much slimmer. The extended plate may accomplish the same as the wedge without the added girth. Hopefully I can get a visual confirmation before I place my order. Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

So from what I am seeing this holster is much slimmer then my JMCK AIWB can anyone confirm. If so I'd be wanting to sell me JMCK for my glock 19 (LEFT HANDED).

Any updates from the "early" adopters? Thinking of one of these for my VP9.

When I get mine ill post up comparison shots.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I just got mine, but unfortunately it's my first holster so I probably can't provide a lot of useful comparison information. To be honest I'm still trying to figure out how to wear it, but that's a topic for another thread...

I will say that Rich will absolutely do right by you if there are any issues. He was happy to make a holster for me even though he had to make a custom gun mold for my CZ 75 SP-01 based on his P07. Unfortunately, due to slight differences in dimensions, there was an issue with the safety slightly being disengaged when holstered (not Rich's fault, I went in knowing he was going to base the holster off the P07). Rich promptly handled the shipping and fixed the issue quickly and responsively. I have a buddy looking to get his CCW soon, and I'm going to recommend he go to CCC for a G19 holster.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    I just got mine, but unfortunately it's my first holster so I probably can't provide a lot of useful comparison information. To be honest I'm still trying to figure out how to wear it, but that's a topic for another thread...

I will say that Rich will absolutely do right by you if there are any issues. He was happy to make a holster for me even though he had to make a custom gun mold for my CZ 75 SP-01 based on his P07. Unfortunately, due to slight differences in dimensions, there was an issue with the safety slightly being disengaged when holstered (not Rich's fault, I went in knowing he was going to base the holster off the P07). Rich promptly handled the shipping and fixed the issue quickly and responsively. I have a buddy looking to get his CCW soon, and I'm going to recommend he go to CCC for a G19 holster.
    Pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Pictures?
    I added a soda can for scale. The belt loop is on an adapter thingy that is pretty adjustable for cant and height I believe, just haven't played around with it yet. I think mine may be thinner than other guns due to the thinness of the CZ 75, but I did get a leather backing on mine too. Also, I believe the part of the holster that is near your body does not necessarily need to be as long as what is on my holster, since it basically reaches all the way up to the end of the gun. I went with that so I could always cut it down if desired.

Unfortunately, I sent back a foam block that came with the original shipment and did not get that back, but I believe it is included either for a nominal fee or at no charge. It would be helpful for AIWB for making your wedge, and it's approximately 3"x3"x1". I may pick one up next time I order something from CCC or try a Dr Scholls if I want to test AIWB.

Any specific angles or feathers you were looking for?

Name:  IMG_0708.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  42.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0709.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  43.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0710.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  40.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0711.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  41.6 KB
    Last edited by scw2; 11-01-2015 at 09:47 PM.

scw2,
    Did I get the clearance for the safety right this time?

I'll get the foam sent out ASAP. I thought we'd already sent it but it's been hectic for the last few weeks.

Rich
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 11-02-2015 at 07:48 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    Did I get the clearance for the safety right this time?

I'll get the foam sent out ASAP. I thought we'd already sent it but it's been hectic for the last few weeks.

Rich
    Rich, the safety is working well and not being disturbed when it's both engaged and disengaged.

Again, for anyone dropping in on the thread and reads Rich's post and my response in isolation, the difficulties we encountered with the safety were absolutely NOT Rich's fault, and he has continued to go above and beyond in making sure things are taken care of. I don't want someone considering CCC to just read that last post and get the wrong idea and think that quality is lacking.

I just received mine and have to say that it is very comfortable. At this point, I like holsters that can go either IWB, or AIWB depending on needs of the day. For that application, this holster blows others I have away (that includes: JM, G-Code, Dale F, Keeper, Cane and Derby, and the list unfortunately goes on). As context, mine is for a Glock 17/22. I ordered it with the large plate, snap loops, and leather comfort back. The comfort backing is where it is really going to shine, for me. I also like the high coverage, in that it protects me from the weapon and vice versa.

If I had one gripe, I ordered mine on Sunday, October 10th. After signing up for an account, I got an email the following day noting that there was going to be a Columbus Day sale (on the 11th). I emailed that day to see if my earlier placed order would qualify for the discount. I heard back the following day (the 12th) and was told I missed the sale? No matter. It never bothered me paying for a quality holster. In fact, a few days later I decided to order a batch of mag pouches, to which a discount did apply.

All in all, great holster. Today is my first full AIWB day and it is going very well. Very comfortable, very stable. The leather backing is the absolute shiznit. Much better than the 'tactical fuzz' of the G-code, and much, much better than bare kydex.

User Tag List