Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing The Gestalt from Custom Carry Concepts

Rich... I've started carring AIWB using the Uno v2 I had you make for me earlier this year, and I'm thinking about ordering a proper AIWB holster as the Uno is not ideally suited for the role I've pressed it to do (although it does work surprisingly well given it's the canted model). I had been planning to buy a Shaggy, but do you think the Gestalt would be a better solution for my M&P9c?

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I dig. PM inbound.
    Pretty high complement when a fellow holster-maker says "I dig." Cool.
    Last edited by MichaelD; 09-04-2015 at 12:00 PM.

MichaeID,
    I think the Gestalt would be very well suited for the MP compact pistols for any carry position.

Yes, I do take it as high praise from Dark Star Gear's brain trust. Tom makes high quality equipment with an eye to extreme dependability.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

My wife decided to have an introductory offer for the Gestalt this Labor Day Weekend.

Gestalt Labor Day Special

Select makes and models, limited quantities.
    TANSTAAFL

Ordered. Looking forward to checking it out.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

just placed my order, look forward to trying this out. thanks for the sale!

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Looks very interesting. Would you consider making a short video showing how the holster works? For example, how the extended tab works or how it adjusts for ride height. I have been on the verge of ordering an Eidolon but this looks like a viable alternative to that concept.
    TANSTAAFL

Just picked mine up from the mailbox. Looks really nice. The tuck-able aspect is, very tuck-able. Will be taking it out tomorrow to see how it shakes out.

BTW Rich, I'm the guy who you are always adjusting G34 Shaggies from Gen3 to Gen4 for. So thanks again for hooking that up!
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

Can anyone provide a width comparison with this holster and a JMCK AIWB. I'm looking for something that doesn't add as much width as my JMCK does. I'm thinking the tab on this holster might provide enough grip tuck without the added girth. Pictures would be greatly appreciate.

Curious also as how the new holster compares with the shaggy with the new extended belt clip?

Jay23,
    I don't have anything to use for camparison. Hopefully someone will post up some comparison pics.

Kevin P,
    The mounting plates on the Gestalt are the same as the adapter plates for the Shaggy. The mount in a similar position just different mounting points and no added wedge. The Gestalt is much slimmer over all than the Shaggy but not really any narrower.
    TANSTAAFL

User Tag List