Thread: sight alignment issues- eyes, posture???

sight alignment issues- eyes, posture???

THIS MAY SOUND LIKE AN ODD QUESTION. SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED TO MY SHOOTING STANCE OR ANGLE THAT I OBTAIN SIGHT ALIGNMENT. I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING FOR 4-5 YEARS. AN INTERMIATIARY SHOOTER. I BASICALLY TOOK A YEAR OFF. I STARTED SHOOTING AGAIN AND CAN’T FIGURE OUT MY SIGHT ALIGNMENT. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND THIS ISN’T EVEN AT SPEED OR UNDER DURESS. ALL SHOTS ARE LOW SEVERAL INCHES. I OBVIOUSLY LIFTed THE FRONT SITE AND I CAN GET TO ZERO AT THAT DISTANCE, BUT THE SITES DON’T SEEM SQUARE TO ME (the front sight is now higher than the rear to my eyes) AND THAT SIGHT ALIGNMENT DOESN’T HOLD WATER AT THE NEXT DISTANCE. THEY MUST NOT BE SQUARE/EVEN sights BECAUSE COMPLETELY SQUARE Sights to what I am seeing = LOW SHOTS.. DID MY EYES CHANGE? IS MY POSTURE OFF AND I NEED TO RAISE MY SHOULDERS/arms? I KNOW HOW VAGUE A QUESTION THIS MUST BE BUT IT IS SO FRUSTRATING TO SLOWLY PULL THE TRIGGER AND WATCH ALL THE SHOTS HIT LOW AND AT 25 YARDS, MISS THE PAPER. I PULLED OUT MY MP WITH HOLOGRAPHIC AND HIT BULLSEYE AFTER BULLEYE. IT’S MY INABILUTY TO GAIN APPROPRIATE SITE ALIGNMENT with sights. LASTLY, IT’S NOT The SIGHTS on the gun. I TRIED SEVERAL GUNS. IT’S ME.
    Any input is appreciated. Thank you
    ROMAN

If you're shooting optics well and irons poorly, has your eyesight changed enough to cause problems?

FYI, much easier to read without all the CAPS.

Why are you yelling?

Establish natural point of aim and then shoot an accuracy standard, 10 rounds @ 25 yards two hand strong hand (freestyle) once with each eye closed.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Why are you yelling?
    MAYBE THAT IS HOW HE SPEAKS!

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Thank you for the input. Sorry about the CAPS. It is difficult to read. I think that's what made breakingtime91 scared... Don't be, I am just frustrated and asking for help, which I appreciate BTW. Nycnoob, my thoughts exactly, I tried a very similar 3 shot per inch circle test x 20 at 3 feet and moved back steadily but I had to adjust the height of the front sight in order to maintain hits as I moved. (not shooting a perfect batch by any stretch but probably never could) The necessary sight picture to gain hits changed at every distance and at 3 feet, where it should only be off by 1/2 inch it was probably 3 inches low. Crazy I know. Taz, Maybe?? I don't think so, but my sight has gotten worse in the last year, but just not that bad so I guess it is a possibility. I am 44 y/0. Lastly, Voodoman, I think you may have something. I am able to aim much better closing my left and keeping my dominant right open. I did it a few times and gave up on it as I didn't want to get used to shooting with one eye closed. Maybe one eye has gotten much worse? Do you think that the eye domination increased leading to this visual divergence??? You guys don't think its posture? height of the gun to my eyes?
    THANKS GUYS!
    Roman
    Last edited by romo2000; 09-14-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    Thanks! I don't post here much, but read the living hell out of the threads!
    I'm pretty darn solid with my pistol skills, but nowhere near some of the professionals who post here.
    Best forum on the internet!
    "One mind, any weapon."

User Tag List