Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: New Army Handgun Solicitation.

My only experience with the 320 is dry firing the C at a gun store. Really liked the trigger. The flat trigger that stops at verticle ala the 320VTAC would probably be great.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I only meant the optics adapter plate when comparing the XM17 and X-Carry slides...but if the M17 has the Romeo 1 mounting plate as standard, SIG Electro-Optics just quietly stole a march on the rest of the micro optics industry...
    I really hope they aren't limited to the Romeo, they aren't duty grade by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Serious question, have the light strike issues been sorted?
    Which issues? Our agency switched to them about a year ago and this is the first I've heard it mentioned. I have approx 5K through my full size without a single malfunction. Ammo includes 115 WWB and AE along with our duty round, Federal LE9T5. I also own a compact slide with around 2K through it without a single issue (light strike or extraction) same ammo.
    Last edited by SCSU74; 01-20-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    Ammo includes 115 WWB and AE along with our duty round, Federal LE9T5.
    Interesting duty choice. It's on Doc's list, but I can't say that I've ever shot it or even seen it in person. Pretty used to seeing Gold Dot or HST and practically nothing else.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 01-20-2017 at 08:44 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    I really hope they aren't limited to the Romeo, they aren't duty grade by any stretch of the imagination.

Which issues? Our agency switched to them about a year ago and this is the first I've heard it mentioned. I have approx 5K through my full size without a single malfunction. Ammo includes 115 WWB and AE along with our duty round, Federal LE9T5. I also own a compact slide with around 2K through it without a single issue (light strike or extraction) same ammo.
    Early guns suffered from light strikes on primers. Glad to see that's not the case since my wife may be issued a 320 during her airforce career

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Early guns suffered from light strikes on primers. Glad to see that's not the case since my wife may be issued a 320 during her airforce career
    Yeah I saw that a little with Monarch ammo and an early gun. In very cold weather it seemed worse. Once so bad you couldn't get through a mag without racking half the rounds to the ground. But, not once with US ammo brands.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Vending Machine Operator
    I may buy an M9 for pure nostalgia purposes. 32 years is a pretty good run.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I may buy an M9 for pure nostalgia purposes. 32 years is a pretty good run.
    There will be M9's in the inventory for at least another 10 years if I had to guess, and who knows, by then some special operations unit might have decided the M( is the way to go and will keep running them for many more years.

Now personally, I hope production of the SIG is so fast that M9's will start getting dumped on CMP while Trump is still president.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    There will be M9's in the inventory for at least another 10 years if I had to guess, and who knows, by then some special operations unit might have decided the M( is the way to go and will keep running them for many more years.

Now personally, I hope production of the SIG is so fast that M9's will start getting dumped on CMP while Trump is still president.
    Based on the M9s I saw when i was active duty, we're better off scrapping them. Why take a chance on Private Schmuckatellis castoff when Beretta will sell you a new M9 Commercial for $600 ?
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Sig's press release. Nothing new but there it is none the less.

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...un-system-mhs/

Published Date: 01/20/2017

SIG SAUER, Inc. announced today that the U.S. Army has selected the SIG SAUER Model P320 to replace the M9 service pistol currently in use since the mid-1980’s. Released in 2014, the P320 is a polymer striker-fired pistol that has proven itself in both the United States and worldwide markets. The P320 is the first modular pistol with interchangeable grip modules that can also be adjusted in frame size and caliber by the operator. All pistols will be produced at the SIG SAUER facilities in New Hampshire.
    The MHS Program provides for the delivery of both full size and compact P320’s, over a period of ten (10) years. All pistols will be configurable to receive silencers and will also include both standard and extended capacity magazines.
    “I am tremendously proud of the Modular Handgun System Team,” said Army Acquisition Executive, Steffanie Easter in the release. “By maximizing full and open competition across our industry partners, we truly have optimized the private sector advancements in handguns, ammunition and magazines and the end result will ensure a decidedly superior weapon system for our warfighters.”
    Ron Cohen, President and CEO of SIG SAUER, said “We are both humbled and proud that the P320 was selected by the U.S. Army as its weapon of choice. Securing this contract is a testimony to SIG SAUER employees and their commitment to innovation, quality and manufacturing the most reliable firearms in the world.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Based on the M9s I saw when i was active duty, we're better off scrapping them. Why take a chance on Private Schmuckatellis castoff when Beretta will sell you a new M9 Commercial for $600 ?
    They will sell for the same reason the CMP 1911s would - nostalgia / collectability.

User Tag List