Page 15 of 97 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: New Army Handgun Solicitation.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Even our occasionally-brain dead DoD officer corps knows better then to do that . Two guesses what'll happen when people barely able to handle DA/SA M9s safely are issued Glocks with no commensurate safety training.
    The same thing that happened to the law enforcement community when Glock first arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    “Why is it taking you guys 10 years? This is absurd. And why is it a 350-page RFP? It’s a handgun, for God’s sake.”

And yet no caliber or type of ammo preselected...
    Because lawyers.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Even our occasionally-brain dead DoD officer corps knows better then to do that . Two guesses what'll happen when people barely able to handle DA/SA M9s safely are issued Glocks with no commensurate safety training.
    Yet the anti-gun British were able to successfully adopt the G17 Gen 4 without a problem?/!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Please tell me the M9A3 will come in black, and not just in baby-shit beige? I want one, but that color is just awful.
    I thought it looked pretty good in person.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I thought it looked pretty good in person.
    In person it may look good, but in the photos, meh.

The Beretta Brunitron finish in black is pretty damn good. I can't imagine the new finish is anything more than cerikote paint. How well will it hold up?
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I was less than impressed with Bruniton's durability in military service. Personally, I'd prefer the Cerakote.

My impressions from handling the M9A3 were positive, but honestly once I pulled the trigger it was just another stock Beretta. The customized guns in the case with them were another story...

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Yet the anti-gun British were able to successfully adopt the G17 Gen 4 without a problem?/!
    I'll bet its because the Brits lock up their ammo in the same vaults with their nuke stockpile.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I should have clarified my earlier statement. I meant to convey that there are perfectly serviceable COTS offerings out there, so no need for this boondoggle from hell regarding handgun procurement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I should have clarified my earlier statement. I meant to convey that there are perfectly serviceable COTS offerings out there, so no need for this boondoggle from hell regarding handgun procurement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's my understanding the Brits went through 10+ years of trials and requirements for a High Power replacement, including one which resulted in a factory Glock 17 with a manual safety before giving up and picking the COTS Gen 4 Glock.

Isn't there a consideration of out litigious society and federal contract regulations that make these projects a big PIA too? Although that doesn't justify a 350 page RFP but there are probably lawyers involved.

How does a Mil org get to just waive that off and say "We're going COTS tomorrow?" (no sarcasm, real question, I've been curious about that. Same for Fed LE. )

I see it a lot in private industry too.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List