Page 71 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: New Army Handgun Solicitation.

Glock: We won a contract for an Agency with about 14,000 Special Agents.

Sig: We jus won the contract for the DOD pistol. MIC DROP

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    While I tend to agree... the problem is we don't know what we don't know. Both trials were conducted in secret and nobody knows what testing was done for either agency. It's not inconceivable that it failed the FBI tests and not DoD. Until they stop spending our tax dollars in secret it's not possible to draw any comparisons or conclusions.
    Some people know, they just aren't allowed to discuss the matter in an open manner.

Todd Green, for instance, played a major role in the BATFE contract that got famous when Sig challenged it and the GAO publicly bitch-slapped them. Only a handful of people even knew Todd was brought in as a consultant for that project or how much work he had done on it. He never mentioned it publicly and even in private he didn't discuss it much.

He was bound by an NDA, as was everybody else associated with that trial. Todd was brought in by the BATFE because he had considerable experience working contracts with Sig and Beretta and they wanted him to help write up a solid contract that would get the right gun, the right support, and easily survive challenges.

There is what a lot of manufacturers consider proprietary information involved in a contract (recommended service intervals, certain weapon production quality control specifications, etc) that they aren't eager to see in public.

So I'd love to see the same info but given what I've learned about these sort of contract awards over the years (and I'm certainly far from the foremost expert...there are a number of people on this forum with considerable experience in this realm) I doubt we will ever see it.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Would be nice to know. I'm also curious to hear about which companies made it to the downselect phase.
    To the best of my recollection, the last three candidates were Sig, Glock, and FN. FN submitted an as-yet-to-be-seen-by-the-public pistol for the trials.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    It'd be fun to be pouring drinks for Bruce Gray about now.
    My source tells me they are ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Some people know, they just aren't allowed to discuss the matter in an open manner.

Todd Green, for instance, played a major role in the BATFE contract that got famous when Sig challenged it and the GAO publicly bitch-slapped them. Only a handful of people even knew Todd was brought in as a consultant for that project or how much work he had done on it. He never mentioned it publicly and even in private he didn't discuss it much.

He was bound by an NDA, as was everybody else associated with that trial. Todd was brought in by the BATFE because he had considerable experience working contracts with Sig and Beretta and they wanted him to help write up a solid contract that would get the right gun, the right support, and easily survive challenges.

There is what a lot of manufacturers consider proprietary information involved in a contract (recommended service intervals, certain weapon production quality control specifications, etc) that they aren't eager to see in public.

So I'd love to see the same info but given what I've learned about these sort of contract awards over the years (and I'm certainly far from the foremost expert...there are a number of people on this forum with considerable experience in this realm) I doubt we will ever see it.
    Completely agree. My point was we cannot make a determination about how a weapon did in one test simply because it won another.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Meh. With the inevitable contract protests, congressional hearings and lawsuits, it'll be several more years until the first ones are bought.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Recoil also reports that the finalists were rumored to be SIG and Glock.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 01-19-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Now the slides stay on the guns when they come out of the holster correct? We really shouldn't HAVE to ask this question but well, you know.

Man that's a baby poop color if I have ever seen one..

I'm wondering if the slide is optics ready - note the color of the top...

ETA: Here's a picture of the 320 X Carry, which is optics ready...looks like same slide to me. You can see the cut for the optic.

That's really progressive.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 01-19-2017 at 10:21 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List