Page 66 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: New Army Handgun Solicitation.

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!! I'll be in the corner in my MI sweatshirt, drinking coffee in my FT Huachuca mug.....

I'd love to get one as well....oh wait...living behind the iron curtain in hell means I won't see one...

Aloha
    The grand daddy of all oxymorons......."Military Intelligence". Jumbo shrimp ain't got shit on it. Retired 98K / O5K here.....

Quote Originally Posted by wylie27 View Post

We have 10 round magazine limit for all pistols and barrel length minimums of 121cm for semi auto and 100cm for revolver
    I really hope you mean mm, otherwise only Jack Nicholson's Joker would have a legal revolver ...Name:  800px-Batman-JokerRevolver3.JPG
Views: 905
Size:  96.8 KB

Any updates on this recently?

I know S&W got dropped, but last I heard they were supposed to downselect to three preferred bidders in "August" I think it was?

Those that know can't say anything. Damn near everybody involved in MHS is under an NDA.

S/F

Quote Originally Posted by CompressionIgnition View Post
    I really hope you mean mm, otherwise only Jack Nicholson's Joker would have a legal revolver ...Name:  800px-Batman-JokerRevolver3.JPG
Views: 905
Size:  96.8 KB
    Yes mm not cm!

Lol thanks for pointing it out! Will fix it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is it wrong to want a revolver just like that?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    is it wrong to want a revolver just like that?
    Not unless you plan to carry it AWIB...

CZ P09 entrant?

Guns for a Cause: CZ P09 Pistol Fundraising Event

From the Guns for a Cause website...

When the Army announced plans to replace the Beretta M9 with a new “Modular Handgun System” back in 2013, speculation ran rampant across the internet as to which company would be selected to replace the “Cold War Era” Beretta. Needless to say, this announcement gathered quite a bit of attention from manufacturers worldwide. Due to the lucrative nature of procuring a potential contract, several manufacturers even produced a limited number of test articles, essentially custom handguns, for submission to the new military trials.

With contracts for nearly half a million pistols on the line, many companies took top of the line pistols, and further modified them to meet the specifications set forth in the informal proposals. The military has delayed publishing the final “Request For Proposal,” but while the Army delays their selection process, these limited-run handguns have gained instant “cult-gun” or collector’s gun status. We are really excited to be able to bring one of these rare collectibles to you, for our latest fundraiser.

Česká Zbrojovka, known as CZ here in the US, is known for producing some of the most accurate, service grade, double action, 9mm pistols on the market today. Behind the 1911 and the Browning Hi-Power, the CZ 75 may be one of the most copied handgun designs available worldwide. The CZ P-09 is the flagship of the company’s polymer pistol line, and the proposed military version of this pistol is the centerpiece of our grand prize package for the month of January.

There are a few things which differentiate the prize pistol from the regular P-09 offerings. First and foremost, the entire pistol is rendered in Flat Dark Earth. The frame is molded in color, and the slide is rendered in a Nitrate finish for corrosion resistance, and the color comes from a top layer of Ion Bond. This is not a “painted” gun, and the finish should be durable for many years of hard use. The fire control system is also “Double-Action Only” to meet the military requirements. The ambidextrous safety levers allow the user to place the weapon on “safe” while holstered, or while being handled. This DAO feature is not part of the regular production options on the standard P-09. This custom P-09 is also equipped with self luminous, tritium night sights. The prize gun is issued with a 19 round magazine, two spare 21 round magazines, and a total of three interchangeable grip straps. We have been told that there are currently no plans to incorporate all of these exact features into the standard production line.

Most important to collectors are the following features. The serial number plate is typically affixed on the forward edge of the dust cover on the P-09. The required US serial number plate is attached, but in addition to the normal identifier, a special military ID plate rides just forward of the right side safety lever. This plate is also imprinted with a “QR” type code for inventory tracking, and the required manufacturer code to meet the military specifications. But the most important factor for collectors is scarcity. The word from the CZ Custom Shop is that there are likely less than 55 of these 9mm pistols in existence, and not all of them were imported into the United States. That’s a “rare bird” in anyone’s book!
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 12-24-2016 at 02:49 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Interesting!

The Guns for a Cause email prompted me to research the CZ more. According to this article, these pistols were developed by CZ for the competition, but never actually entered. Still, interesting stuff.

The Truth About Guns: Obscure Object of Desire: CZ P-09 Modular Handgun System Trials Pistol

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List