Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New JM Custom Kydex / JRC Holsters Hybrid

I've carried my various full-size 92s with an MTAC for years, and it's starting to wear out. I got a JMCK IWB with my 92 Compact, and have been using and enjoying the hell out of it, but I have missed the softer leather against my hip on long days. This may be just the ticket. I have to agree, that's a damn reasonable price.

I was an "early adopter" when the first commercial "hybrid" holster was offered years ago by Tucker ("The Answer").

I found that there was considerable "drag" on the draw produced by the inner lining-leather surface, as compared to an all-Kydex or compared to a well made and well broken-in best-quality all-leather holster, and though I tried a couple other hybrid rigs from different makers, I didn't use any of them for long.

I do appreciate the comfort of a leather holster against my skin, though, and given the "boning" evident to the leather base in the pics of this new cooperative-effort rig, I wonder if the "drag" issue may be solved.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    I was an "early adopter" when the first commercial "hybrid" holster was offered years ago by Tucker ("The Answer").

I found that there was considerable "drag" on the draw produced by the inner lining-leather surface, as compared to an all-Kydex or compared to a well made and well broken-in best-quality all-leather holster, and though I tried a couple other hybrid rigs from different makers, I didn't use any of them for long.

I do appreciate the comfort of a leather holster against my skin, though, and given the "boning" evident to the leather base in the pics of this new cooperative-effort rig, I wonder if the "drag" issue may be solved.
    SAWBONES, there is very little drag compared to an all leather holster, considerably closer to an all kydex draw.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

greetings...

i gotts the kydex jmck aiwb and the leather jrch aiwb... i consider both to be my best aiwb packing apparatuses for the quintessential heater...

thats right... the colt 1911 chambered in 45... loaded... chambered... cocked... locked... holstered... ready to bang...

will be anxiously watching this thread as these two craftsmen cross utilize their talents for the betterment of the collective... the evolution has the potential to amaze...

can i getts a yeeeeehaaaaa...

j o
    Last edited by owrstrich; 09-03-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    SAWBONES, there is very little drag compared to an all leather holster, considerably closer to an all kydex draw.
    OK then, I'll be ordering one!
    Thanks.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

BTW, any pics of the HYBRID with the horsehide loops?

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    BTW, any pics of the HYBRID with the horsehide loops?
    Not yet, but soon. I will be adding pics of all the belt loop attachments and showing mid guard height as well as soon as I can. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I'm very interested, but I'm wondering if it can be made with no "guard?"

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I'm very interested, but I'm wondering if it can be made with no "guard?"
    Absolutely! Just make note of it when you place your order.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Not yet, but soon. I will be adding pics of all the belt loop attachments and showing mid guard height as well as soon as I can. Thanks
    I just ordered a mid guard with leather loops. Feel free to get it done early so you can take pictures...
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List