Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Describe a malfunction that was not easily clearable.

Blew a round in a Springer RO. Case locked the gun up bad enough to send it to Illinois.

Some jackwagon, while at thunder ranch, was setting up malfunctions in my LWC. He decided to drop the firing pin block. I'm glad it dropped out when I cycled the slide, or I could have had a full auto 1911. As it was I had to find the firing pin, spring, and stop on the black gravel at night. In the rain. With Clint chewing the guy a new asshole five feet away.

Glock 22, broken extractor.

H&K P7, broke drop safety, fired when slide went forward. Really needs its drop safety.

Glock 27, rsa broke after 1000 rounds.

Kimber ultra compact from the external extractor days. Took gun out of box.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Guy next to me at the range was shooting a S&W M36 snub. (It was after a Hunter's Pistol Silhouette match.)
    The revolver locked up with the hammer back and live rounds in the chamber.
    He and his buddy tried a couple things but finally wrapped a rag around the hammer, between it and the
    chamber, and went looking for a gunsmith.

Got no idea what the problem was.

Took a class with a guy. During part of the class we decided to see if guns would still run very very dirty. Ole VP9 had two of these issues back to back. Fairly easily clear able but if this was not quick. Locked the gun up and had to strip and rip then deal with the mags twice. If it were a gun fight I would have lost lol

I was in a fight and a primer got lodged in the chamber of my M4. It was at that perfect spot where even the age old technique of msahing the butt stock on the ground while pulling on the charging handle didn't work. Took a Kabar to get the fucker back into the fight.

2 of 4 HK P7 M8s I had went down with light use. 1 with broken Cocking mechanism, 1 with broken right side magazine release.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Took a class with a guy. During part of the class we decided to see if guns would still run very very dirty. Ole VP9 had two of these issues back to back. Fairly easily clear able but if this was not quick. Locked the gun up and had to strip and rip then deal with the mags twice. If it were a gun fight I would have lost lol

that was with a vp 9?

40mm Pyro went off still in the M203.

There wasn't much IA/RA that could be done to get that thing back running.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Yea that was a VP9. BUT, it lived a rough life, especially that day.

What you can't see in this picture is that magazine ^^^ is in the puddle too

BUT!!! The lesson from this is, if your fighting for your life with a VP9 and you trip and fall into a mud puddle, shake it out before going to town
    Last edited by Luke; 09-01-2015 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Remington 870 ... When I got home and pulled the gun apart, I found that the culprit was a LIVE primer stuck behind the trigger, binding it up and not allowing it to move.
    Had the same exact thing happen to me, except we were firing blanks while practicing for my Dept Honor Guard duties. Did not expect to see that when I pulled the trigger assembly out!

Site Supporter
    American Eagle 124 gr that was slightly out of spec in the case width along with a burr on the lip.

I chambered it unknowingly in my 92. I thought something was weird because it was a very sluggish return to battery. I go to retract the slide and it was in lock down.

Had to field strip and manually remove the round.

User Tag List