Thread: Federal "Tissue Damage Model"

Federal "Tissue Damage Model"

Ran into this nomenclature buried in the federal solicitation for the MHS.
    Does anyone have any insight?

Yes.

It is unfortunately highly flawed and does not match any of the substantial LE derived handgun standards and results derived over the past 30 years. For that matter, it does not follow what the DOD JSWB-IPT standardized on in 2002-2006 after spending 6 million dollars, firing over 10,000 test shots, and analyzing extensive combat data.

It is brought to the American taxpayer by the same stellar folks who stole the M855A1 design...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Yes.

It is unfortunately highly flawed and does not match any of the substantial LE derived handgun standards and results derived over the past 30 years. For that matter, it does not follow what the DOD JSWB-IPT standardized on in 2002-2006 after spending 6 million dollars, firing over 10,000 test shots, and analyzing extensive combat data.

It is brought to the American taxpayer by the same stellar folks who stole the M855A1 design...
    If ballistics, firearms, and other things interest you in a technical way as a passion, you will end up bashing your head into a wall if you actually peek behind the iron curtain and see how various ammo/weapons are actually determined to be fielded.

I was afraid a few months ago that this was going to happen. We'd be better off with ball ammo vs crappy JHPs
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I googled "Federal Tissue Damage Model" and found nothing that appeared relevant. Could someone here provide a link where we could find the model online? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    I googled "Federal Tissue Damage Model" and found nothing that appeared relevant. Could someone here provide a link where we could find the model online? Thanks.
    According to the MHS RFP, this is a software package that you have to request (i.e. controlled). They send you a CD and five license keys.

I suspect you will not find this online.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    According to the MHS RFP, this is a software package that you have to request (i.e. controlled). They send you a CD and five license keys.

I suspect you will not find this online.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I was afraid a few months ago that this was going to happen. We'd be better off with ball ammo vs crappy JHPs
    We finally get permission for the armed forces to use JHPs in handguns, and then perhaps buy JHP's that are worse than ball? Sounds like Congress might need to get involved.

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    We finally get permission for the armed forces to use JHPs in handguns, and then perhaps buy JHP's that are worse than ball? Sounds like Congress might need to get involved.

It sounds like they already are.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Might be a safer bet if that is the case to issue out .45acp ball off of old contracts rather than use the equivalent of the old 9mm 115gr Silver Tip.

User Tag List