Page 89 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever Guns

I own a 94/22 XTR in 22lr.
    I purchased it from a friend who was in need of quick cash about 18 years ago for a hundred bucks.
    At the time, he had told me that his father had purchased it for him, with the 'factory' scope'..... A 4x20mm Weaver.
    It shoots incredible, and quickly became my wife's favorite!
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I stopped by @RexG's favorite pusher this afternoon. They have a Winchester 9422M Trapper that is an incredibly handy little thing with a 16 1/2-inch barrel. I want one, but I'm having real trouble with the prices they're going for. Will have to keep antennae up.
    What were they asking for it?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    $1495, as I recall. Don't think it had box or papers, and it wasn't perfect. There were some light scratches on the left side of the receiver, and someone had installed rings on the dovetails that were held in place with set screws, which left marks from their cup points on the top of the receiver. Or at least I jumped to the conclusion that that's how those circular indentations got there. If you just want a shooter and expect it to get more dings and scratches being carried in the woods, it would probably be OK, but I know I'd be bugged by that stuff. Especially the marks on the top of the receiver, since I don't see any reason those should have needed to happen. @RexG says he can usually talk them down on price if he's serious about buying.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    $1495, as I recall. Don't think it had box or papers, and it wasn't perfect. There were some light scratches on the left side of the receiver, and someone had installed rings on the dovetails that were held in place with set screws, which left marks from their cup points on the top of the receiver. Or at least I jumped to the conclusion that that's how those circular indentations got there. If you just want a shooter and expect it to get more dings and scratches being carried in the woods, it would probably be OK, but I know I'd be bugged by that stuff. Especially the marks on the top of the receiver, since I don't see any reason those should have needed to happen. @RexG says he can usually talk them down on price if he's serious about buying.
    Wow. Had no idea they were going that high. I have a 9422M that I bought shortly before they stopped making them. I shot a lot of prairie dogs with it and carried around the Ohio woods some. I stopped taking it out when I realized it was probably worth twice what I paid for it.

Yeah, I haven't been able to figure out what, other than prettiness and not needing trigger work, would make it four times as good as a CZ 512 Carbine.
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Wow. Had no idea they were going that high. I have a 9422M that I bought shortly before they stopped making them. I shot a lot of prairie dogs with it and carried around the Ohio woods some. I stopped taking it out when I realized it was probably worth twice what I paid for it.
    Asking price and selling price aren’t always the same. $1495 is very optimistic for a 9422M. I have seen them sell locally in the $750-$850 range.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Asking price and selling price aren’t always the same. $1495 is very optimistic for a 9422M. I have seen them sell locally in the $750-$850 range.
    That's about the range I thought they had been going last time I looked.

$1500 is optimistic for that particular one, but a really clean Trapper brings a sizeable premium.

Bid up to $1850:
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/834379849

Looks like someone put their "Buy Now" below market:
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/837845069
    Not another dime.

I keep telling myself I don’t need a rotary magazine Savage 99 with peeps in .308...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I keep telling myself I don’t need a rotary magazine Savage 99 with peeps in .308...
    You need to stop lying to yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List