Page 80 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever Guns

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Just traded into a Rossi m92. 20" .357 mag.
    I've been browsing Gunbroker for a 16" version.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I'd have preferred a 16"too. I have an older 16" puma 92 in .45 that I love.

This was a local lnib that was available for trade.

Think I'm going to refinish the wood.

I cycled some of my swc and tc handloads and they cycle just fine which was a concern. I might try and shoot it tomorrow.

My standard.357 load is 13.5gr 2400 under a 158gr bullet does anyone have any chronograph​ data from a rifle?

My standard.357 load is 13.5gr 2400 under a 158gr bullet does anyone have any chronograph​ data from a rifle?
    Henry 20" barrel. 158g XTP over 12g 2400 avg. 1395 fps. with 13g 2400 avg. 1540 fps. I never went higher with 2400.

More consistent and accurate for me was H110 as propellant under the 158g XTP. I found a sweet spot of 16g H110 to yield 1600 fps. It can be laoded hotter but the Henry is just a fun gun for me.

Plain lead and gas check lead bullets shoot fine. But avoiding leading is challenging (to me) above 1200 or so fps. on bare lead, and gas check bullets are more expensive than XTPs. So I mostly load XTPs for accuracy and ease of cleaning.

Just traded into a Rossi m92. 20" .357 mag.

How durable and reliable are these Rossi's? Do they hold up as well as a Marlin or Winchester? This seems like it would be a handy rifle to suppress. I've only had Marlins and Winchesters.

Quote Originally Posted by terk View Post
    Henry 20" barrel. 158g XTP over 12g 2400 avg. 1395 fps. with 13g 2400 avg. 1540 fps. I never went higher with 2400.

More consistent and accurate for me was H110 as propellant under the 158g XTP. I found a sweet spot of 16g H110 to yield 1600 fps. It can be laoded hotter but the Henry is just a fun gun for me.

Plain lead and gas check lead bullets shoot fine. But avoiding leading is challenging (to me) above 1200 or so fps. on bare lead, and gas check bullets are more expensive than XTPs. So I mostly load XTPs for accuracy and ease of cleaning.
    Thanks.
    My reloads were shooting great, better than AE 158 JSP but left some lead behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    How durable and reliable are these Rossi's? Do they hold up as well as a Marlin or Winchester? This seems like it would be a handy rifle to suppress. I've only had Marlins and Winchesters.
    I've had a 16" .45 Colt puma for 13 years I think. Tons of warm reloads and it's slicker than snot.

I've had a 16" .45 Colt puma for 13 years I think. Tons of warm reloads and it's slicker than snot.

Interesting. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    My wife’s .357 Rossi jammed hard, with live cartridges still inside, and no way work the action. IIRC, the action was stuck partially-open. This was a very late Nineties or early 21st Century item, bought new, and not shot much, up to that point. I do not remember how, or if, she resolved the problem, but it was a bad first impression, and we have avoided anything Rossi since then. She uses a stainless .357 Marlin, now.

I am not saying that all Rossi products are bad. We are a sample of one.

I bought us a pair of .45 Colt Winchester ‘94 AE Trappers recently, from a local pre-owned rifle display rack. We have yet to function-test these.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Internet chatter says that Henry lever rifles don't hold up well to cas. l have owned three. Two went back to the factory. The company has had much practice in their customer service effort which does have a stellar reputation. I like them.
    What problems did you encounter?

User Tag List