Page 49 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever Guns

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    If one is selecting a lever gun for serious purposes, such as for use in a ban state, my understanding is that reloading a lever gun in the middle of a fight is not going to be fun regardless. So, a reliable pistol caliber model with as many cartridges in the magazine as possible would be preferred.
    In CA, the 10-round limit applies to tube magazines as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Isn't an armed confrontation with those guys close to getting struck by lightning statistically?
    Friends of mine have been subject to a volley of what they assumed were "warning shots" when hiking on public, marked trails not very far at all from civilization in the Angeles Forest (north of LA in So Cal).

On the other hand, I do have another friend who was struck by lightning while getting into the car in front of his house on a calm day...

I'm packing up the second out-of-the-box defective brand new J-frame I've managed to buy (2 for 2 on that) to send it back to S&W right now, so...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm packing up the second out-of-the-box defective brand new J-frame I've managed to buy (2 for 2 on that) to send it back to S&W right now, so...
    For reals? That's a tough break. Hope they tune one up nicely for you for your trouble.

Site Supporter
    Off topic, but same here! A 642 had serious pitting in the bore, and a Performance Center 442 has a trigger that must be manually reset during dry fire.

Sounds like like S&W needs to bin their current production into two part numbers:
    -D: will put in drawer
    -S: will actually shoot

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    See, I would just opt for a semi rifle it that was the threat profile for the area. If people asked, “why,” I needed a MSR for hiking/mountaineering, I’d refer them to the cartel action. Lord knows the cartel won’t have manually operated long guns!

civiliandefender.com
    I’ve worked aome of those grows in Northen CA with USFS. The grow teams are armed with what ever random guns they can get their hands on, shotguns, .22s, hunting rifles, etc. you see some SKS, AK etc but these guys are mainly armed due to bears and poaching deer because they love eating the crop. It ain’t the movies.

What do deer do when they get stoned?
    Not another dime.

I guess in my neck of the woods (PacNW/upper western US) that would make them drug Mules...

In CA, the 10-round limit applies to tube magazines as well.

Friends of mine have been subject to a volley of what they assumed were "warning shots" when hiking on public, marked trails not very far at all from civilization in the Angeles Forest (north of LA in So Cal).

On the other hand, I do have another friend who was struck by lightning while getting into the car in front of his house on a calm day...

I take assumptions with a grain of salt. No offense to either you or your friends...

What precautions/steps have you taken now that you have direct experience with an individual that has been struck by lightning?

I hate to hear about your poor luck buying J frames. Are you ordering these or purchasing them at a brick and mortar location? A friend of mine acquired two Colt rifles with issues. Needless to say that's colored my judgement of Colt rifles.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    What precautions/steps have you taken now that you have direct experience with an individual that has been struck by lightning?

I hate to hear about your poor luck buying J frames. Are you ordering these or purchasing them at a brick and mortar location? A friend of mine acquired two Colt rifles with issues. Needless to say that's colored my judgement of Colt rifles.
    I'm pretty careful to stay indoors when thunder roars.

I have ordered online, because the 30 percent or more cost difference is compelling to me, as well as the fact that I would have to spend an inordinate amount of time driving or calling around to gun shops to find one in stock, only to pay retail or near it, or have a local shop order it and wait for it to show up, pay full retail for the privilege, and have no more assurance that what arrived would be acceptable. The shop I do transfers with has figured that out, and does a thriving business in mail order transfers.
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    IDK but deer do love to eat marijuana.

User Tag List