Page 43 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Tell me more about the newer TD model please. I have a '87 manufacture BLR in .308 that I have roughly 100 rounds through. I've been waffling on dropping the coin for either a TD in .308, a TD in .223 or another BLR in .358.
    A demo on Youtube would be the best way to see how it takes-down and goes together. If I were to type a description, it would probably confuse some folks, and put others to sleep. In summary, when a lever is lifted, the two parts slide apart. Assembly is the reverse. There are no interrupted-threads, or such, just insert round peg into round hole, and close the take-down lever. I cannot say how well mine holds zero, after take-down and reassembly, because I have not yet mounted an optic, and, IIRC, have not yet done careful test-shooting. Several articles indicated that the return to zero was decent, and I saw this one on the pre-owned rack at a local dealer, when I happened to have a bit of disposable cash, so I bought it. This was several years ago.

A scope, if mounted on the receiver, in the conventional manner, stays on the receiver. There is, or was, a Browning-brand forward scope mount available, to accommodate an IER optic, which leaves the optic on the barrel when the rifle is taken-down.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Why run a lever if the same caliber is available in a bolt w/ removable mag? Usage is white tail deer hunting. Price point is similar for both.

Thinking of .357 side loaders vs the Ruger M77/357 with rotary mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My 94 AE holds more BB's than a 77/357. It's handy to carry, points quickly, is easier to maneuver in confined spaces, and I can run it faster than a bolt action if need be.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I have a Winchester 94, the Marlin pictured above and the Ruger 77/357 all In .357 obviously. They are all great guns and each have their own particular idiosyncrasies, but I will say that the Ruger is a very handy rifle. It is very light,accurate,and the magazines work well.I would feel well armed with any of them.
    Last edited by ECVMatt; 12-10-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Just for fun, and had I the funds, I'd love to get and pair a Winchester 92 and a S&W 1905 Hand Ejector in .32-20.
    Because reasons.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

My contribution, S&W 57 and Henry big boy steel. Henry mount and 1-4x Leopuld

"I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post

My contribution, S&W 57 and Henry big boy steel. Henry mount and 1-4x Leopuld

Is the Henry in .41 Mag too?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

WHAMMER. I plan on using this at Chief Weems’, “Social Levergun,” at the Tac Con. I’ll be sure to pick a spot on the far end of the line. I wouldn’t recommend standing next to me. Unless you like nosebleeds and toothaches.

civiliandefender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Is the Henry in .41 Mag too?
    For shizzle dizzle

(Yes)

These are more or less fun guns, so I see no reason not to. I’m probably going to pick up youth model 336 in 30-30 in a few months. For right now, my Henry is a fun gun. Hopefully next season it’ll be my deer gun.

"I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

The M-Lock forearm is now showing at Midwest Industries' site.

I want to see one in person but this seems to solve some real problems: mounting a light, protecting the hand from a hot barrel, and protecting the magazine tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post

WHAMMER. I plan on using this at Chief Weems’, “Social Levergun,” at the Tac Con. I’ll be sure to pick a spot on the far end of the line. I wouldn’t recommend standing next to me. Unless you like nosebleeds and toothaches.

civiliandefender.com

Throw a nightforce nx8 1-8 on that thing and make Thor weep.

User Tag List