Page 32 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Marlin "Limited" 16" non ported .44 magnum, topped with fixed 2.5X Weaver.

I also have one of these. I put a Leupold scout scope on it using an XS scope base and quick release rings. This a gun that is not for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    I also have one of these. I put a Leupold scout scope on it using an XS scope base and quick release rings. This a gun that is not for sale.
    Very nice. A .44 magnum lever gun is a very potent weapon--though I'm not sure how many rounds my again shoulders would want to fire.

My first deer rifle was a Marlin in 44 mag. Recoil was not an issue. Only problem I had was that when I fist started using the gun, I would load the magazine to capacity (ten? some ridiculous number of rounds) and the gun would jam up. Then one day, I had the revelation that I was hunting Bambi not Geronimo and only loaded a few rounds and all was good again.

In my quest for a Marlin lever in 41 mag, I swung by one gun shops I frequent when on the road. To my surprise, I see a wichester 1895 grade 1 reproduction. I think the last run was 2011. It seems the previous owner of the shop had never put it out front. I have always wanted one , but they aren't very plentiful around here. It is brand new, in 30-40 Krag. After some haggling, we played let's make a deal and I was offered 900.00 out the door. I told him to hold it for the night and I would call him in the morning.
    I plan on using this as my main ranch, pickup/saddle, shelter belt/slough hunting gun, it's gonna get used. I have kind of lost my objectivity here. Can anyone tell me how this isn't a good deal? I wanted the night to think about it, and I am having a hard time talking myself out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    In my quest for a Marlin lever in 41 mag, I swung by one gun shops I frequent when on the road. To my surprise, I see a wichester 1895 grade 1 reproduction. I think the last run was 2011. It seems the previous owner of the shop had never put it out front. I have always wanted one , but they aren't very plentiful around here. It is brand new, in 30-40 Krag. After some haggling, we played let's make a deal and I was offered 900.00 out the door. I told him to hold it for the night and I would call him in the morning.
    I plan on using this as my main ranch, pickup/saddle, shelter belt/slough hunting gun, it's gonna get used. I have kind of lost my objectivity here. Can anyone tell me how this isn't a good deal? I wanted the night to think about it, and I am having a hard time talking myself out of it.
    Sounds like a winner to me. With a decent receiver sight and sling, youd be good to go for about anything short of large bears. With some 220 gr loads you could probably make decent dents in large bears.

(large bears in this context not including coastal Alaskan bears)
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-08-2016 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Kind of unorthodox but I have two 12 gauge levers here which I'll be testing tomorrow...these are the Adler A110s that made the news in Australia.

The 13" barreled edition is horribly appealing. Pics tomorrow if anyone is interested.
    Any word of these coming to America? Tried to contact Turkey, got refered to an importer in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Sounds like a winner to me. With a decent receiver sight and sling, youd be good to go for about anything short of large bears. With some 220 gr loads you could probably make decent dents in large bears.

(large bears in this context not including coastal Alaskan bears)
    Still cant talk myself out of it, (probably doesn't help I ordered my Lyman sight last night).

One of these chambered in "Big Medicine" .405 WCF, now would that work on the coastal bears?

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiniffy View Post
    Any word of these coming to America? Tried to contact Turkey, got refered to an importer in Australia
    No idea; USA import laws always mystify me.

It's a sporting shotgun; shouldn't that be allowable?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

There are some awesome pictures in this thread! Thank you guys.

I've always wanted a lever-action rifle. Something handy and compact, maybe a .44 or .45... Never did figure out what to put on the permit application though. :P

l-r
    .45 Colt EMF 1892 copy, "custom" scout scoop mount, in the process of restocking it (for several years now)
    .38/.357 Win 94 trapper
    30/30 Win 94 1970's
    30/30 win 94 1920's
    32 Win Spl Win 94 1940's
    45/70 Marlin 1895, don't remember everything I've swapped out

User Tag List