Page 15 of 178 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever Guns

I think Raam Maqqel would work....Thunder Stick in Hebrew.......cause ISIS and progressives hate Jews.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Got with him today on the Aimpoint micro mount. Dropping your name helped, and I appreciate it. When I come out in December, we may end up in California as well for a few days.....I have decided that dropping an ISIS asshole with a 45-70 Thunder Stick will get a standing ovation in Valhalla.
    Going to Brockmans in southern Idaho?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Going to Brockmans in southern Idaho?
    He built the gun and apparently makes a custom mount for the Aimpoint micro to get it on the Talley mounts. Should be very clean. I have lusted after a Brockman custom lever action for a long time.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I guess my communications skills suck.

I was asking if you were going to Brockmans. I am close (relatively speaking). The chief of the town is an old leo buddy and IPSC shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I guess my communications skills suck.

I was asking if you were going to Brockmans. I am close (relatively speaking). The chief of the town is an old leo buddy and IPSC shooter.
    No, not that I wouldn't mind the trip. I figure he ll just ship the part to Texas.

Got with him today on the Aimpoint micro mount. Dropping your name helped, and I appreciate it. When I come out in December, we may end up in California as well for a few days.....I have decided that dropping an ISIS asshole with a 45-70 Thunder Stick will get a standing ovation in Valhalla.
    It doesn't get more 'American than that!

I am seriously considering sending my Guide Gun in to get the front aight moved back and thread the barrel. Silencerco is supposed to be releasing a suppressor that will handle 45-70. Not sure, but I think the new Liberty Cosmic might (it's rated for 458 SOCOM).

Grabbed the Marlin 336 Youth today for under $300.00 OTD. The potential for a travel gun at that price is good. Easily replaced, legal,everywhere, rear stock comes off with a single screw. I could see spending the extra coin on a set of Brockman sights that are almost as much as the gun, a HPG stock pack and a sling. Simple, and a rifle that i can get ammo for from any Walmart. It is also small and flat. Kind of cool. For most of the last century the lever action 30/30 was the bang around general purpose truck gun in most non-urban areas. Here in Texas they served as a general purpose LE gun for a long time as well.....folks would step up to bigger calibers if they knew they were headed to trouble, but the 30/30 was the one around most of the time due to how handy they are. Coming from an urban world, I never really got this. I have figured it out in my later years and as they make the modern semi auto rifle a legal issue in urbanized areas that the handy lever has some benefits.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 12-08-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Grabbed the Marlin 336 Youth today for under $300.00 OTD. The potential for a travel gun at that price is good. Easily replaced, legal everywhere.
    I can't wait to hear your general impressions on the 336Y. They were on sale at Bass Pro before Thanksgiving and I really considered getting one for similar purposes.

I have decided that dropping an ISIS asshole with a 45-70 Thunder Stick will get a standing ovation in Valhalla.
    Dude...here in Louisiana also!

And it's time for me to pick up a Marlin 30-30, just because.
    Last edited by LSP552; 12-08-2015 at 09:56 PM.

User Tag List