Page 148 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1764

Thread: Lever Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Looks like Ranger Point Precision has a new handguard that has a configurable top rail that can run pretty much the whole length of the receiver and barrel. Or at least enough to matter.

Now it only there were more options for low height BUIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    An in-depth video about the above mentioned handguard. Versions for Rossis and Winchesters are in the works as well.

I just couldn't do it to a lever.... I couldn't.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    That’s a “Lever Action Defensive Carbine System” if I ever saw one...

I’m trying to bleach the image of Costa in a cowboy hat and chaps running a course...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Name:  D47BC689-CC81-4F58-819E-D93F13FB8CDF.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  101.4 KB

Too many projects were going at once. You think I’d learn by now...

Marbles sight installed. I was getting some vertical stringing with the factory rounds. Doing some poking around, it seems that it was a fairly common thing with the 86gr Winchester loads. It was a lighter charge and tended to be position sensitive. I also had some (what I thought at the time) velocity variations up to 200fps. I chalked it up to LabRadar sensing issues. Maybe it wasn’t.🤔

Per the Reloading Forum, trying some Missouri Bullets 86gr coated along with light loads of 2400 and Dacron filler. Ended up with about 2” groups at 50yds (crappy rest, standing up). I’m certain I can tweak that a bit between a better rest and powder charge.

That's awesome.
    Do you think that the dacron helped with powder position?
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Long ago I had a 14" Thompson Center Contender in 30-30. To get the powder to burn completely in that 14" I used light load of fast powder and kapok from an old life vest as a filler. Without the filler, the shots were very inconsistent.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    That's awesome.
    Do you think that the dacron helped with powder position?

Absolutely.

There is an entire 85 page thread on the Marlin forum about loading the 25-20. That is where I both got the Dacron idea from, as well as the info on the old(er) factory loading. Thinking back, when I was first shooting it and sighting it in, I was doing it single shot. Sometimes I’d get up and work the action and drop the round in, close the action, and sit back down. Sometimes I’d sit and tilt the action and drop them in that way...I never put two-and-two together until the other evening at about page 55 of the thread. Lol.

The other issue now is that I just brought a cheap electronic scale up with me. (Amazon special). It originally checked out OK, but I noticed swings in its use now. The variance is +/- .2-.3gr. That’s no good when you’re trying to toss 5.5gr of 2400. I went back and weighed each one 3 times. Very time consuming, and they never were the same twice to boot. Plus, I’m using the hand tool. Once I get home, I’ll go to “The Bench of Anal Retentiveness” and load a proper spread. That will be a far better indicator, plus I’ll use a proper solid bench.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I just couldn't do it to a lever.... I couldn't.
    I wouldn't do it to an old lever gun. But a new one? Hell yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I submit a motion there be no more mention of "costa" or any costa related phuckery in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    I submit a motion there be no more mention of "costa" or any costa related phuckery in this thread...
    Why?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    That’s a “Lever Action Defensive Carbine System” if I ever saw one...

I’m trying to bleach the image of Costa in a cowboy hat and chaps running a course...
    Or prancing on the runway...in chaps.

User Tag List