Page 127 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1774

Thread: Lever Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    When in Jr High and High School I could be happily entertained for hours with reloading ammo with a Lee Loader, Lyman 310, or RCBS Rockchucker Jr press. That continued on through later years, reloading is pretty relaxing and distracting for me. The time factor didnt mean that much, as I enjoyed doing it. It became part of the enjoyment of shooting. Most of my guns have had little to no factory ammo shot in them unless cheap surplus was available.
    I was in middle school when I started to reload first for my 7x57 then for my 444. Whish I still had that 444 but it got traded for a Springfield milspec when I was 16 that later went on many adventures so I don't regret the trade.

Site Supporter

Late to the Party

I’m late to the party and haven’t been able to clear the 127+ pages: Has anyone mentioned Mad Pig Customs? Chris Costa was rocking one and got me thinking about a project for FL, in particular a hog gun. I can’t afford or wait for a Mad Pig Customs Thumper (yet) but Marlin and Henry have suppressor ready models with threaded barrels. Apologies if this has been discussed. Anyone rocking a suppressed 45-70?
    Last edited by CakeEater; 12-02-2021 at 09:06 PM.

I asked this in the Ask the Armorer forum, but so far there haven't been any replies. Perhaps that was a wrong place for my question?

I managed to break off the tip of the ejector in my Winchester 1894 Trapper .45 Colt. Obviously I could use a new one. This presents a couple of questions:

Do I need a different extractor, or can I use one meant for a .30-30?

Where can I buy an ejector for a (.45 Colt) Winchester 94, when I am not located within the United States?
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I asked this in the Ask the Armorer forum, but so far there haven't been any replies. Perhaps that was a wrong place for my question?

I managed to break off the tip of the ejector in my Winchester 1894 Trapper .45 Colt. Obviously I could use a new one. This presents a couple of questions:

Do I need a different extractor, or can I use one meant for a .30-30?

Where can I buy an ejector for a (.45 Colt) Winchester 94, when I am not located within the United States?
    I’m assuming you meant ejector here.

@Malamute to the orange courtesy phone please

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I’m assuming you meant ejector here.
    Yes, ejector. The pokey bit that pokes casings out of the gun. Sorry for being confusing. And thanks.

Site Supporter
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/W94EJEC

Maybe contacting them to work out the ITAR stuff?
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Yes, ejector. The pokey bit that pokes casings out of the gun. Sorry for being confusing. And thanks.
    Just to be completely clear, you need the part in the bottom of the bolt that pushes the case up and out, not the hook thing on the top or right side of the bolt that drags the case out of the chamber, correct?

I dont know who has parts breakdowns that would specify the differences, Numrich probably would if anyone, and look at the parts listings, even if they dont have it, they often have it listed if theres variations.

Caliber specific part for the ejector (bottom of bolt part), I dont know of any, but I have no personal experience with the Winchesters in anything other than 30-30. I believe extractors (drag case from chamber part on top or right side of bolt) are caliber specific within some caliber range, but dont know which interchange.

Getting it in hand, i dont know. Some places have notice that parts over a certain total value (like $100 or so?) cant be exported, which seems to indicate that under that amount may be OK. Numrich may know that also.

Edit: Numrich shows a 44 mag and 45 Colt ejector, in both short and long version. All except one thats probably the standard 30-30 one in long form is out of stock, but it gives the basic info. If the caliber specific one werent available, Id be finding one for a 30-30 and see if it could be made to work.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man.../94-ae-trapper

Homestead also showed some, I didnt check each one and see if they were in stock or not.

https://homesteadparts.com/shop/winc...64-c-1_11.html
    Last edited by Malamute; 12-18-2021 at 04:31 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Looking at a picture of the ejector, a welder could fix this issue by adding metal and then shaping the tip end.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Edit: Numrich shows a 44 mag and 45 Colt ejector, in both short and long version.
    Yup. Seems like the only way to know for sure which I'd need is to disassemble the gun and pull out the part, compare it to the pictures. Might be a little while before I can secure some table space for the project, we are officially in full Christmas decorations mode here and stuff gets moved about.

Thank you for the tip! Numrich has previously been very unhelpful in actually obtaining gun parts, so I sort of skipped their website completely during my search. But their parts breakdown is the best I've been able to find so far.

New Ruger-built Marlin 1895SBL rifles are in the wild.

A bunch of paid advertising cleverly disguised as journalism on the web talk about new manufacturing processes.

MSRP $1399. When I look at the feature set on that rifle, combined with the new process, I honestly don't think that's out of line. I don't really like the shininess of that rifle so if the come out with a blued/DLC/parkerized/whatever version, I'll reconsider.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List