Page 123 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1764

Thread: Lever Guns

I like those MI offerings, and I say that as an XS devotee, but I do wish the version with pic rail had the longer rail, like the XS offering.

Does anyone have the newer Henry side gate rifles?

Specific to the "all weather" .45-70, does anyone know if there's "room" to have the factory barrel threaded for a suppressor without changing the barrel or getting rid of the front sight?

I looked around at lever guns recently. My brother used to have a Marlin 336 with some kind of scope mounted on risers. He liked the rifle alot, but fell on hard times trying to leave NY. He got out.

Now in FL, we were talking about trying our hand at pig hunting. He mentioned wanting another 30-30 for pogs and all around hunting/rifle stuff. He told me to keep an eye out, he picked up his Marlin used for $300 back in 2013-14ish and was hoping to find a similar deal. My how times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I looked around at lever guns recently. My brother used to have a Marlin 336 with some kind of scope mounted on risers. He liked the rifle alot, but fell on hard times trying to leave NY. He got out.

Now in FL, we were talking about trying our hand at pig hunting. He mentioned wanting another 30-30 for pogs and all around hunting/rifle stuff. He told me to keep an eye out, he picked up his Marlin used for $300 back in 2013-14ish and was hoping to find a similar deal. My how times have changed.
    The cost of .30-30 ammo has skyrocketed. It used to be one of the cheaper rifle rounds but the lowest price I see right now is $2.5 per round

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    The cost of .30-30 ammo has skyrocketed. It used to be one of the cheaper rifle rounds but the lowest price I see right now is $2.5 per round
    For me, a lever is mostly for fun, and that is why I sold my Marlin 30AS (336 with cheap, unadorned birch stock) .30-30 and bought a Marlin 1894 .357: it’s not a .22, but still more fun for me and the kids and SWMBO than the .30-30, and way cheaper to shoot.

I just saw some at walmart a week ago, it was $18+/box, they also had 30-06 and 270 in stock for similar prices or a couple bucks more/box.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I just bought two Marlin Guide Guns from a coworker who is moving, a 1895G and 1895SBL. I also picked up a bunch of reloading components to keep me busy for the winter. I am probably dumping the 1895SBL as I am not real keen on the large lever loops or scout scopes.
    Last edited by penates; 10-14-2021 at 02:03 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Put them together into a GSBL and you'd have a keeper.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone seen a new marlin/ruger lever action yet? I got an email today about marlin 1895 trappers being back in stock. I clicked the link and it showed out of stock. I don’t know if it was a glitch but I am hoping they are finally shipping

At least you can find 30-30. As a .35 Remington user, I have given up on finding any, at any price.

User Tag List