Page 121 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1774

Thread: Lever Guns

Quote Originally Posted by gringop View Post
    My replacement hammer springs for my Win 94AE Trapper came in and I put the 13 lbs one in the gun. The trigger is now around 4 /12 lbs which is a big improvement.

I took it out to the range to sight in the new Williams 5D-94SE rear aperture sight. This is the economy model with no targets knobs and the windage just has 2 screws to lock it down, you slide it back and forth to adjust. I got it sighted in at 40 yards then moved to 100 yards, where it hit 10" low. 250 gr 45 Colt is not what you call "flat shooting". Anyway, i got it dialed in at 100 yards so I'm satisfied with how it shoots off the bench.

I had loaded some 200 gr rounds and found that they hit the same POI as the 250s so I will save the 250s for their deep penetration effect needed for our large ferocious Central Texas Whitetails . I actually shot my first deer with this gun many years ago.

I found that I have about 1k 230gr XTP bullets on hand and I don't shoot 45 ACP pistol anymore due to Arthritis issues. Does anyone know if XTPs will work well a medium to high 45 Colt velocities? They have no cannelure and I'm not sure if the HP will get damaged in a tube magazine.

My Spear manual shows a max of 890 fps for them in 45 ACP with Blue Dot and and a max of 1036 fps in 45 Colt with Blue Dot. Maybe I will try loading for around 950 fps and single loading them in the gun. I can load some empty dummy rounds to put in the tube mag and see how they hold up.

I do have a full sized Vaquero I can run them in if the 94 doesn't work well.

Gringop

Attachment 71255
    Attachment 71256
    Attachment 71257
    Attachment 71258
    My Hornady manual shows 600-1650 fps range for those bullets.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I found the picture the guy in the above picture used as an example when he made his.

Attachment 71667
    I want the Jeep

It looks like a batch of Stainless/Laminated BLR Takedown models, in .308, have just been released into the wild. An LGS had two of them, yesterday.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    It looks like a batch of Stainless/Laminated BLR Takedown models, in .308, have just been released into the wild. An LGS had two of them, yesterday.
    Did you happen to notice the sticker price on those?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Did you happen to notice the sticker price on those?
    $1169.95, at Collectors Firearms, a Browning stocking dealer. Their on-the-rack sample, that I saw yesterday, is not showing on their web site, for e-commerce. Their phone is 877-214-9327. Yes, I bought the one that was listed, for e-commerce. When I picked mine up, yesterday, as I am local, I saw the one on the rack.

https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/

Don’t tread on volcanos!

$1169.95, at Collectors Firearms, a Browning stocking dealer. Their on-the-rack sample, that I saw yesterday, is not showing on their web site, for e-commerce. Their phone is 877-214-9327. Yes, I bought the one that was listed, for e-commerce. When I picked mine up, yesterday, as I am local, I saw the one on the rack.

https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/
    Thanks. I keep waffling on whether to get one or to keep rocking the old style. That's not a horrible price. I hope you get as much pleasure out of yours that I have out of mine.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

The BLR magazine only holds four rounds of .308, but, notably, is able to drop free, and inserting a fresh mag requires no gymnastics. The mag release is recessed, so inadvertent dropping-free is unlikely. So, the BLR is a decent all-‘round rifle, for those whose “all-‘round” includes the possibility of defensive usage. The Takedown version will fit into a get-home bag that will accommodate the barrel unit, which is less than 21” long. Now that I have two takedowns, one blued and one stainless, I may have one of the barrels shortened, to enable fitting into an even smaller envelope.

The bolt locks directly into the barrel unit, which enables the take-down part to be relatively simplified. Lower the lever, to pull the bolt to the rear, flip the take-down lever, and pull the two units apart. Reassembly is plug, and flip the lever the other way.

The BLR may be a good fit, in jurisductions that require long guns to be kept unloaded. The Takedown version may accommodate additional legal niches, that may require firearms to be in some state of disassembly, if on or about the person, in some circumstances. (I recall @Mas Ayoob writing, long ago, an article about handguns that could be quickly assembled, and loaded, for those living in jurisdictions that allowed handguns/firearms to be carried, in at least some conditions, if unloaded and disassembled.)

Don’t tread on volcanos!

The BLR magazine only holds four rounds of .308, but, notably, is able to drop free, and inserting a fresh mag requires no gymnastics. The mag release is recessed, so inadvertent dropping-free is unlikely. So, the BLR is a decent all-‘round rifle, for those whose “all-‘round” includes the possibility of defensive usage.
    Aren't BLR magazines both rare and expensive? Or was that just in my neck of the woods?
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Aren't BLR magazines both rare and expensive? Or was that just in my neck of the woods?
    Dunno about rare, but they are $99 a pop from Browning. You could maybe do a little better from another retailer.

If Henry makes a takedown version of the .308 Long Ranger, they will have my attention.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List