Page 117 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1774

Thread: Lever Guns

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Dang, I wasn't looking. That has me seriously considering whether I should get out of the lever gun business.
    A quick perusal of historical Gunbroker sales suggests I could easily at least double what I paid for my 1894c less than 2 years ago.

But then I'd just have money instead of a rifle. I love that damn thing.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    There are several things that will never NOT have a space in the safe. My lever gun is one of them.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

The CSBL, CST, and SBL (45-70) variants are especially insane......

Name:  DD00D4A7-9E93-4451-8C7C-460701C31ABC.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  31.1 KB
    Name:  48CB2630-D2D2-4F74-BED8-CABF416D8E66.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  32.3 KB
    Name:  2E26F7B4-B07A-4FC4-B490-5913EEF66705.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  25.9 KB
    Name:  9F3ABF95-0CE8-43BA-8B00-3BCE10A3684F.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  32.7 KB

Those prices would take all the fun out of taking my rifle out in the woods, sneaking through the pucker brush, getting rained on, and occasionally falling halfway down the mountain.

I like my first 1894c so much I kinda want a second. Not happening anytime soon.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Every Miroku gun I've handled has been extremely well done. The 92 Carbine at least is drilled and tapped for a peep sight, which would be my preference over a tang sight. The only reasons I didn't buy a Winchester 92 when I was shopping for a .357 lever gun was the $600 price difference over the Marlin and the fact there was no clear path to mounting a red dot on the gun at the time. Honestly the mounting problem was a bigger issue than the price. I handled a current production 92 and realized I'd balk at the price when I bought it, but when I was in my 80s I'd probably still be snoozing in my chair with it in my lap. I've developed a real affection for my Marlin 1894c, but it's not impossible a Winchester 92 might be a retirement gift to myself.

I'm not super impressed with the Rossi guns. They work, usually, but they really aren't all that terribly nice.

When I compare the Winchester against the Chiappas, Taylors and etc, I found that they were close enough in price bracket, that I would have just gone for a real Winchester.

If you aren't in a hurry, you can wait and see what Ruger does with Marlin.
    That's good to know. I'm not in a hurry and price isn't a consideration if it's a new rifle. I have a good dealer who won't jack the price up over 10% above his distributors price. I've done a lot of business with the guy and we belong to the same private range. I'm not sure what's up with GB right now but I don't buy anything there anyway. If the 92 is drilled and tapped for a peep sight that would be my preference. I like dots on pistols but never warmed up to them on a rifle.

Apparently the 92's have always been in short supply so I guess I need to send my dealer off on a search. This may take awhile.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    One of these looks like it might be a pretty slick set up for a Marlin lever gun. Looks like they’ll be available in 1x or 3x. A low riser and the 7.63 x39 reticle should work well with some range time and strelok.

Name:  A0A87215-2A9A-47E4-9BF4-BBECF960A509.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  28.3 KB

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...oprism-scopes/
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    My 1895 with XS LeverRail and a Holosun 407 is a handy package. I wouldn't hesitate to setup and 1894 or 336 similarly.

Name:  20210321_124022.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  45.1 KB

I am waiting patiently for Ruger to get the Marlin line up and running in the Mayodin facility. I know they were taking applications a few weeks ago. A press release said product would be rolling out by fall.

https://www.mapquest.com/us/north-ca...arms-350701884

https://ruger.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That's good to know. I'm not in a hurry and price isn't a consideration if it's a new rifle. I have a good dealer who won't jack the price up over 10% above his distributors price. I've done a lot of business with the guy and we belong to the same private range. I'm not sure what's up with GB right now but I don't buy anything there anyway. If the 92 is drilled and tapped for a peep sight that would be my preference. I like dots on pistols but never warmed up to them on a rifle.

Apparently the 92's have always been in short supply so I guess I need to send my dealer off on a search. This may take awhile.
    Ayuh. Looks like the 1892 carbine in .357 has a street price just south of $1K, which is a little less than what I remember. I think it's an entirely reasonable amount of money to pay for that rifle, considering what you're getting.

I don't regret the Marlin, but it's entirely possible that at some point a 92 might sit in the safe next to it. I'll keep the Marlin all duded up with the red dot, XS sights, light mount and stock cuff for general purpose grab and go use, and maintain the 92 as my "nice gun" for leisurely strolls in the woods and Longmire Cosplay.*

* Yes. I know Longmire carried a Winchester 94.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

And now that I look again....

The Winchester website says:

"TOP TANG is drilled and tapped for an optional receiver mounted peep sight for a more precise sight picture "

In my head, a "tang sight" and "receiver mounted sight" are two different things, but it sounds like Winchester might be using them interchangeably, to mean "tang sight"

User Tag List