Page 83 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever Guns

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Chin weld optic seems goofy to me.
    In the video he says he stole the scope/mount off one of his ARs to try it out before dropping the coin for a new scope and proper height rings.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Largely because of this thread, I broke out the big loop Guide Gun yesterday and ran some rounds through a previously all but unloved rifle. Cowboy loads are just plain FUN in this thing, even though my rifle sight needs quite a bit of "love" (shoots about 8-10" left at 100 yards). Full house modern loads are not so much fun, but not much more abusive than shooting slugs through our 10" entry shotguns.

I literally haven't taken this rifle out of the safe in about 7 years. The intervening time has NOT been good for my eyesight. Any ideas on a replacement front sight that might be a bit easier to pick up than the factory standard?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I literally haven't taken this rifle out of the safe in about 7 years. The intervening time has NOT been good for my eyesight. Any ideas on a replacement front sight that might be a bit easier to pick up than the factory standard?
    I like the square blade type, often found in the Sourdought type if you can find them, but this helps all of them.

Name:  Traffic cone.jpeg
Views: 597
Size:  10.9 KB
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Any ideas on a replacement front sight that might be a bit easier to pick up than the factory standard?
    https://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx...93382&CAT=8290

I have a similar set to these on my Winchester 94 and a 10/22 and love em.
    Last edited by jandbj; 09-26-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Largely because of this thread, I broke out the big loop Guide Gun yesterday.......

Williams fire sights.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    ^^^Have a set of those I'm going to be trying out on an 1894 when I get it back together. You can set it up with an aperture rear rather than a notch, too. Helps a lot with my jacked up cornea.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Man, if through some quirk of fate, I was transported into some dystopian world where I could only have one gun and a cartable stash of ammo to run it... I’m not saying that the exact gun you have would be it, but that exact gun would be on a damn short list.
    For a 22 mag lever, the sadly discontinued Winchester 9422 mag was a super slick, and really well made rifle. A friend had one when I was a kid. Really wish id bought one before they stopped production.
    Last edited by Malamute; 09-26-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Anyone have a Marlin Cowboy 45-70? I always liked the looks of those but never got to try one.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    For a 22 mag lever, the sadly discontinued Winchester 9422 mag was a super slick, and really well made rifle. A friend had one when I was a kid. Really wish id bought one before they stopped production.
    I've shot a lot of prairie dogs with mine. I bought it just before they quit making them.

Magazine-less, with lever.

.357 Magnum, a quite rare chambering for the Ruger No. 1, so I bought it sight-unseen, on-line.

Image created by the dealer, Collector’s Firearms.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rex G; 09-30-2019 at 08:55 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List