Page 116 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1774

Thread: Lever Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Browsing the Marlin catalog I came across the 336C Compact

Attachment 68185
    Attachment 68186

I was able to find this link at Sportsman's https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...65in/p/1645156

No one seems to have it in stock. Gunbroker has the Youth model but not the compact.

Does anyone have any info on this model?

EDIT: Also does the marlin website work for anyone? I'm not seeing any clickable links for specific models, only the PDF catalog shows their complete line up
    I bought a 336y youth model for my wife.
    We love it. It was manufactured by Remlin but has good fitment of parts and wood.
    It’s not quite as nice as my JM 1894C but it was cheaper.
    The shortened youth stock fits me perfectly at 5’10” so take that as you will.
    Overall I think it’s quite a handy little package.
    It reminds me of a 14” pump shotgun in size

Quote Originally Posted by diananike View Post
    I bought a 336y youth model for my wife.
    We love it. It was manufactured by Remlin but has good fitment of parts and wood.
    It’s not quite as nice as my JM 1894C but it was cheaper.
    The shortened youth stock fits me perfectly at 5’10” so take that as you will.
    Overall I think it’s quite a handy little package.
    It reminds me of a 14” pump shotgun in size
    I love the 336Y. It's actually shorter than most Ruger 10/22s.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

For those more in tune with the 1894 market is $900 a fair price for a 1974 example in very good shape? Good bore, unbuggered screw heads, original sights, and very nice wood furniture albeit with a slight bit of play on the forend?

Edit: Should have specified Winchester 94 in 30-30, sorry for the confusion
    Last edited by NPV; 03-20-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    For those more in tune with the 1894 market is $900 a fair price for a 1974 example in very good shape? Good bore, unbuggered screw heads, original sights, and very nice wood furniture albeit with a slight bit of play on the forend?
    I'm making the assumption you mean Marlin 1894. That's probably not too far out of line, currently. You didn't mention what caliber. I think the .357's are a bit harder to find than .45 and .44 versions.

I was saving pennies for a .357 CSBL ( stainless, big loop, XS rail/sights model) before the 'rona panic hit... and prices for those ballooned from ~$900 to over $2000 on Gunbroker (some going for even more insane prices). Not many blued guns going for less than ~1k on there in .357 lately, from what I recall.

I'm currently priced out of the Marlin .357 levergun market. I'll be waiting to see what Ruger does with 1894's, Just like I've been waiting for them to put out another batch of stainless 5.5" .357 Blackhawk Convertible flattops...

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I'm making the assumption you mean Marlin 1894. That's probably not too far out of line, currently. You didn't mention what caliber. I think the .357's are a bit harder to find than .45 and .44 versions.

I was saving pennies for a .357 CSBL ( stainless, big loop, XS rail/sights model) before the 'rona panic hit... and prices for those ballooned from ~$900 to over $2000 on Gunbroker (some going for even more insane prices). Not many blued guns going for less than ~1k on there in .357 lately, from what I recall.

I'm currently priced out of the Marlin .357 levergun market. I'll be waiting to see what Ruger does with 1894's, Just like I've been waiting for them to put out another batch of stainless 5.5" .357 Blackhawk Convertible flattops...
    Sorry for being unclear I meant a Winchester Model 94 in 30-30. I’ve pretty much given up on a 357 Marlin for the time being after I saw bunch sell in the 3-4K range on gunbroker.

I'm seriously looking for a .357 lever gun. I'm curious about the Winchester reproductions. Being a Miroku produced rifle I would expect the quality to be pretty high. I have a few Howa's, had several Win 101's (Kodensha) and Browning (Miroku) shotguns. I was never disappointed in the quality of any of them. Something with tang sights would be better for me as I shoot a carbine with aperture sights fairly well. Never was a fan of buckhorn sights.

Mostly, I think I'm looking for a good reproduction more than anything and I load .357 already. Not interested in getting into another cartridge like 45 Colt or 44 mag.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter

We need to get @Malamute and @Lost River and @jlw on the party line

FWIW in my area that’s almost twice what it’s worth. Iirc the early 70’s weren’t exactly a high point of Winchester manufacturing either.

Of course I also haven’t seen .30-30 on store shelves in 6 months either.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

A year ago it would have been hilariously overpriced, psychotically so, they must be on crack etc.... Today,....I dont really know, I havent been watching them closely, but a year ago that money would get you a pretty high condition post-war pre-64 94 carbine. Id say start saving a bunch on gunbroker, and watching to see whats actually getting bids, where they stall out, and search the completed auctions. ive never done that but keep hearing about it.

I think you can get a clean post 64 for less money though. Dont take my word for it, check it out, but Id be hesitant to spend that much on that period standard grade carbine.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm seriously looking for a .357 lever gun. I'm curious about the Winchester reproductions. Being a Miroku produced rifle I would expect the quality to be pretty high. I have a few Howa's, had several Win 101's (Kodensha) and Browning (Miroku) shotguns. I was never disappointed in the quality of any of them. Something with tang sights would be better for me as I shoot a carbine with aperture sights fairly well. Never was a fan of buckhorn sights.

Mostly, I think I'm looking for a good reproduction more than anything and I load .357 already. Not interested in getting into another cartridge like 45 Colt or 44 mag.
    Every Miroku gun I've handled has been extremely well done. The 92 Carbine at least is drilled and tapped for a peep sight, which would be my preference over a tang sight. The only reasons I didn't buy a Winchester 92 when I was shopping for a .357 lever gun was the $600 price difference over the Marlin and the fact there was no clear path to mounting a red dot on the gun at the time. Honestly the mounting problem was a bigger issue than the price. I handled a current production 92 and realized I'd balk at the price when I bought it, but when I was in my 80s I'd probably still be snoozing in my chair with it in my lap. I've developed a real affection for my Marlin 1894c, but it's not impossible a Winchester 92 might be a retirement gift to myself.

I'm not super impressed with the Rossi guns. They work, usually, but they really aren't all that terribly nice.

When I compare the Winchester against the Chiappas, Taylors and etc, I found that they were close enough in price bracket, that I would have just gone for a real Winchester.

If you aren't in a hurry, you can wait and see what Ruger does with Marlin.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Sorry for being unclear I meant a Winchester Model 94 in 30-30. I’ve pretty much given up on a 357 Marlin for the time being after I saw bunch sell in the 3-4K range on gunbroker.
    Dang, I wasn't looking. That has me seriously considering whether I should get out of the lever gun business.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List