Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178
Results 1,771 to 1,774 of 1774

Thread: Lever Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Rarely do I watch much on Youtube, but I watched that, and that was very much worth the watch. Now I am going to spend a bunch of time watching his stuff! He reminds me of so many folks that I have known over the years in rural areas of the Rocky Mountain west and Great Basin.

Almost afraid to watch too much, as I might start breaking out the lever guns and finish up projects that have long been on the back burner! Building loads, adding compact RDOs, tuning actions, etc. I have so many other things that are really a much higher priority, but it is hard to resist after watching this guys videos. It is so nice to see a video without all the hype and intentional dumb stuff that some people do just to get attention.

Great stuff.

Thank you for posting that.
    He had a video about getting an 1866 up and running that was pretty good, as was the one about his old blacksmith shop on his ranch. Agree, he has some good stuff.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by NotGuilty View Post
    Looks dope! What kind of a gun is it? Any link?
    https://www.marlinfirearms.com/s/model_70902/
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    On a more serious note I’m sad lever actions have effectively doubled or tripled in price, remember when they were the poor man’s choice compared to an AR?, but it is good to see them back on the market.
    I do remember when a 336 could be had at Walmart for $300. Even adjusted for inflation they were significanly less expensive in the early 2000s. I was making minimum wage back then and they still were still within reach for me after some saving. But it seems like these new Marlins under the Ruger umbrella are also better quality. I know my late JM stamped 336 is functional but the fit and finish is nothing to write home about. The current production guns I've handled look and feel much better but I haven't gotten to shoot one yet.

I'm guessing that with ARs being so affordable these days it makes more sense to them to go after enthusiasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Darn, there goes the window to sell my old Marlin .357

On a more serious note I’m sad lever actions have effectively doubled or tripled in price, remember when they were the poor man’s choice compared to an AR?, but it is good to see them back on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I do remember when a 336 could be had at Walmart for $300. Even adjusted for inflation they were significanly less expensive in the early 2000s. I was making minimum wage back then and they still were still within reach for me after some saving. But it seems like these new Marlins under the Ruger umbrella are also better quality. I know my late JM stamped 336 is functional but the fit and finish is nothing to write home about. The current production guns I've handled look and feel much better but I haven't gotten to shoot one yet.

I'm guessing that with ARs being so affordable these days it makes more sense to them to go after enthusiasts.
    Everything became "collectable" in 2020. People spent crazy money on stupid shit. Even before that it was already starting but 2020 was peak stupidity.

Anyone remember the 2012ish Russian capture K98 imports? Talk about junk. This was like shit that was just dug up from Kursk or Stalingrad that had managed to somehow stay intact. They were $175 at my local LGS. Within 6 years they were selling for $800 on GB. Mosins are another good example. Aside from a few rare and unusual models theres no reason a 91/30 should cost $500

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Looks cool but im stuck on the 5+1. I realize they gotta get longer and heavier for more ammo capacity but it feels like buying a mid 00s sub compact 9mm in the days of Sig 365/XL/Mac, Shield+ or Hellcat...even G43X/48

User Tag List