Page 124 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1764

Thread: Lever Guns

I just got rid of a 35 rem.
    If you are interested in the reloading stuff I have for it, I can make you a list.
    Pm me if you are interested.
    Chris.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Has anyone seen a new marlin/ruger lever action yet? I got an email today about marlin 1895 trappers being back in stock. I clicked the link and it showed out of stock. I don’t know if it was a glitch but I am hoping they are finally shipping
    I haven't seen any yet. I'd like to get an 1894, but the price of Marlins skyrocketed. I'm going to wait for the Ruger version.

Has anyone seen a new marlin/ruger lever action yet? I got an email today about marlin 1895 trappers being back in stock. I clicked the link and it showed out of stock. I don’t know if it was a glitch but I am hoping they are finally shipping
    I had gotten the same email with the same result (was working so I didn’t open it immediately), just reminded me how quickly this year has passed by. I’m really hoping to see a 1894CST for sale under $1k again.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I just saw some at walmart a week ago, it was $18+/box, they also had 30-06 and 270 in stock for similar prices or a couple bucks more/box.

Was at Walmart last Saturday and they have removed all their stock again. Shelves and racks were still there but completely empty. No firearms, just accessories and clay pigeons was all that was left.

ETA for clarification

I think they're 45-70 and nothing else yet. I was waiting on a 357 or 44 but I don't want a 45-70. What were the odds? I can load for 357 or 44 right now. I would have to start from scratch and it might take a year to find the brass and primers to load 45-70. What rocket scientist chose that cartridge for the new rifle?
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-18-2021 at 06:19 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrtsqrt11 View Post
    Was at Walmart last Saturday and they have removed all their stock again. Shelves and racks were still there but completely empty. No firearms, just accessories and clay pigeons was all that was left.
    Riot season is upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    What rocket scientist chose that cartridge for the new rifle?
    The 1895SBL was the best selling thing Marlin made after it starred in Wind River with Jeremy Renner.
    It’s also a pretty good hunting rifle…

Quote Originally Posted by xtrtsqrt11 View Post

ETA for clarification

Its individual stores prerogative I believe, as to what they carry for shooting stuff. The one Ive been in recently in civilized country has basic rifle, shotgun and rimfire ammo, clay targets, etc, the one in the mountain state I normally go to has generally had basic reloading supplies, bullets, primers, powder, dies, that is until all that became difficult to get, but their prices had always stayed pretty close to normal.

The civilized one I mentioned in your quote, the 30-06/270 class ammo is now about $24/box. Availability is hit or miss, and not a lot of anything at one time for the most part, but they are getting some ammo in. if you were shooting 350 legend youd be in good shape, it seems to be the one caliber they have in most often, and 4-6 boxes or so at a time.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Riot season is upon us.

The 1895SBL was the best selling thing Marlin made after it starred in Wind River with Jeremy Renner.
    It’s also a pretty good hunting rifle…
    OK, I don't own one. Actually never shot one. Just seems like a pretty brutal cartridge for your average day at the range or any whitetail at 100 yds. Bears, now I get that.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

OK, I don't own one. Actually never shot one. Just seems like a pretty brutal cartridge for your average day at the range or any whitetail at 100 yds. Bears, now I get that.
    I got one when they first came out (well back into the 1900s), i think i was 15 and about 125 lbs. It wasnt that bad to shoot, at least the old 400 gr factory stuff. I also reloaded with 300 and 350 gr bullets, still, not too bad, though I did have a pad put on it.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    This is the traditional load, made to be safe in trapdoor Springfields. This is a more modern, but still low pressure, version.

User Tag List