Page 95 of 178 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever Guns

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    It is good to see the favorable words about BLRs, here on P-F, after seeing so much disdain and hate posted in other places. Reading between the lines of many of those unfavorable reports, I had wondered if the accounts were, largely, parroted apocrypha. I have not subjected my .308 BLRs, a mid-Nineties Lightning, and a Takedown, to really hard use or abuse, but it is good to know that P-F folks like the BLR.

Mine are both blued. I did have a pair of the stainless, but sold them, with plans to replace them with at least one .308 Stainless Takedown, if I can ever find one.
    Rex, my guns functioned flawlessly, and if I said how much military ammo I ran through the .223 and .308 versions people would be surprised. I will say that if somebody was dumb enough to do cowboy action shooting with these, they might screw them up. But they are hunting weapons, not gaming or military rifles. I do not imply that they are delicate. Mine, if scoped, would shoot at least 3 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards for me. Note I said for me. I am not a rifleman. Anyway I spent most of my life shooting rocks, stumps, hogs, and stuff. As a concerned sportsman, I would not shoot at an animal past 150 yards anyway. He who takes one apart will not get it back together.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    He who takes one apart will not get it back together.
    That's one of the few phrases that could get me to say, "Hold my beer."
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    So I'm a Henry nerd. It started with I've of their .22s that I've used to teach a few dozen kids and adults how to shoot a rifle. I used to bug the owner of via phone calls every 6 months to make a 16-inch, round barreled steel-framed 357. He told me there was no market for it but to keep calling him every six months to a year to remind him.

Then states like Ohio allowed straight walled hunting cartridges. Lo and behold, Henry made the Steel Boy. The only thing lacking now was a side gate loader! Fast forward to 2020 and we have the Big Boy X. I'm saving up for one.
    https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-boy-x-model/

Never satisfied, I hope they release an X edition with wood furniture.
    These "X" models are tempting. My dilemma would be trying to decide between .357 and .44 mag since I have revolvers chambered for both.

I saw this on Utah Gun Exchange this morning. The guy was asking $450 which with a scope is a really nice price but I have too many other projects.

Name:  Screenshot_20200716-082610_Chrome.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  47.7 KB
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    These "X" models are tempting. My dilemma would be trying to decide between .357 and .44 mag since I have revolvers chambered for both.
    A factory threaded .30-30 would be intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Well, my curiosities about the BLR will soon be satiated. Saw a used '81 lightweight takedown in .243 so I threw in the opening bid of $660 and turned out to be the only bidder.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/872031576
    So I just got a call from the seller of this BLR. He went to take the gun apart to box up and ship out and it turns out it's not a take down model after all. After he explained this we agreed on a refund. $660 is still a fair price but I already have a non-takedown Savage 99 in .243. I'm a little disappointed that I won't be getting a take down BLR right now but the seller is a stand-up guy and I couldn't expect better service given the circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    A factory threaded .30-30 would be intriguing.

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/news/...ew-dark-series
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Marlin really needs to make a stainless version of the 30-30 dark.

Just picked one of these up today at my local gun store.

Got some land last year and wanted to have something I could keep on my UTV while riding around in case needed.

Placed a RDS on it and slighted in at 25 yds, need to take it to the range for 50 or 100 yds.

Impressed so far

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Marlin really needs to make a stainless version of the 30-30 dark.
    That would really be sweet, especially for places like around here where rust can happen overnight.

User Tag List