Page 120 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1764

Thread: Lever Guns

If you load those to 850-950/1000, they'll work.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Yeah, that's barely +P pistol velocity. In a much heavier, shoulder-fired gun, I don't think you need to worry about them getting set back by recoil. Remember that the gun goes backward, so they just stay where they are while the tube moves rearward around them. Then the spring pushes them back to the rear of the tube. If you have any concern, limit the number in the tube. Give it a decent taper crimp due to no cannelure. You can probably do that just fine if you have consistent brass length and use a .45 Auto crimp die.

Should work stellar on Bambi.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I'd be concerned about setback due to magazine spring tension. Carrying it with two rounds, one in the tube and one in the chamber, would be a way around it. Folks who run spitzers in tube-fed guns do that.

[QUOTE=That Guy;1218858]I would like to thank both you for your recommendation and Skinner Sights for being an awesome company that makes a quality product.

That Guy:
    I am glad you like the Skinner Sights. Thank you for he kind words. As I said, I am a big fan of them. Nice job installing the sight on your carbine.
    Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Site Supporter

Update on Ruger's Production Plans for Marlin Lever Guns

This is neat.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    This is neat.

Interesting, I had thought about grafting the screw head from a marlin 39 takedown screw onto a Winchester 94 tang screw. It would probably be worth the $38 for one if it worked on a Winchester.

Im also thinking on making a sidefolder with hinge. I have the hinge and stock, but dont currently have a good saw to make the cut, and about 900 other projects ahead of it.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Interesting, I had thought about grafting the screw head from a marlin 39 takedown screw onto a Winchester 94 tang screw. It would probably be worth the $38 for one if it worked on a Winchester.

Im also thinking on making a sidefolder with hinge. I have the hinge and stock, but dont currently have a good saw to make the cut, and about 900 other projects ahead of it.
    Malamute:

Being of the thrifty sort (some call it cheap) I figure you could easily weld the head of a small bolt (cost of less than a $1.00) onto a Model 94 stock screw and save some money. I have a local welder who has done some fabulous work for me at reasonable prices, that would probably be able to do something like that fairly inexpensively. Similarly, I once saw a take down conversion of a Remington M870 shotgun where a gent cut an oval hole through the stock where the stock screw passes through and attached some sort of bolt to the stock screw.

Cheers to you and your pup!

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Cartwright View Post
    Malamute:

Being of the thrifty sort (some call it cheap) I figure you could easily weld the head of a small bolt (cost of less than a $1.00) onto a Model 94 stock screw and save some money. I have a local welder who has done some fabulous work for me at reasonable prices, that would probably be able to do something like that fairly inexpensively. Similarly, I once saw a take down conversion of a Remington M870 shotgun where a gent cut an oval hole through the stock where the stock screw passes through and attached some sort of bolt to the stock screw.

Cheers to you and your pup!

Bruce

Interesting thought.

I may be too much of a neat freak. One would never know it from the lack of finish on many of my guns though.

I made a case for a Winchester 94 ages ago (Jr high era) )and a pocket for the butt stock. It worked out OK, I just used a screw driver to run the screw. I think I made a small sleeve on the case for a screwdriver, or maybe one of the old 1903 Springfield screwdrivers, along with one for a cleaning rod.

I always have a swiss army knife and leatherman on me that would work on the screw, but the head gets wallowed with time. Ive also discovered that if the screw isnt truly tight, the stock wobbles when pulled tight into the shoulder. Its part of why I decided to pursue the hinge idea. I have a hinge for an Ace stock. Ive seen them used on various guns, it seems like a workable idea. Cut just behind the front of the comb, and hinge it to swing left.

A guy made a metal skeleton stocked Winchester for trapping and hunting, he copied some made years before by some Mt lion hunters. Its functional, but somewhat course in execution and concept. Hes satisfied with it, so thats what matters in his case, but it wasnt quite what I was looking for.

I saw several pictures of it in the past, but they didnt show up in a google search, but I saved at least one. He posted them on several forums in the past. If i recall correctly, it requires loosing and snugging a wing nut to open/close it and use it.

Name:  lever folder 2.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  11.5 KB
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I found the picture the guy in the above picture used as an example when he made his.

Name:  lionhunt1 folding leverguns.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  63.2 KB
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

User Tag List