Page 122 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1774

Thread: Lever Guns

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Aren't BLR magazines both rare and expensive? Or was that just in my neck of the woods?
    Not really rare, anymore, though they were, for a while. SWFA’s evil-bay store has them listed for $66.44, which ain’t chicken feed. (Admittedly, I have not priced chicken feed, lately.)

The older, prettier, Shinier bluer ones marked for .243 and .308, and “Made in Japan” seem to have some desirability, which keeps their pre-owned price high. Of course, the pre-81 BLR mags are, indeed, expensive, with asking prices in the low- to mid-hundreds, so be aware of that, before buying a pre-81 BLR.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

The Aussies made some aftermarket BLR mags, with higher capacity. Good luck finding an importer, or a pre-owned sample imported by an individual. Personally, I like to carry a BLR at its balance point, which means cradling the mag in my hand. An extended mag would require shifting to a different gripping location.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    I just saw that Marlin started an IG account. They'll be sending out updates this week on the progress of their return under Ruger.

Midwest Industries has some new sight options for Marlin lever action rifles. The rears can be had with integrated T1 mounts or a pic rail. Only for the 1894 and the 1895, not sure why they don't have them for the 336 but they look like a pretty sweet product.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...eid=ce7c409baf
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Only for the 1894 and the 1895, not sure why they don't have them for the 336 but they look like a pretty sweet product.
    That's an MI description problem, not a real problem. Website/marketing dweebs, not engineers or product managers.

Models 1894, 336 444, 1895M, 308MX, 338MX, 9mm/45 Auto Camp Carbine all take the same bases.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    That's an MI description problem, not a real problem. Website/marketing dweebs, not engineers or product managers.

Models 1894, 336 444, 1895M, 308MX, 338MX, 9mm/45 Auto Camp Carbine all take the same bases.
    Ok, I thought there was overlap and comparability with multiple models but I figured MI would make that glaringly obvious if that were the case so they could sell to as many folks as possible.

You also just reminded me of the time I passed on a chance to own a 45 Camp Carbine for $400...
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Finally figured out how to pull a pic From the MI site showing a decked out 1894. Looks good.

Anyone know anything about this online company?

https://winchestergunstore.com/

I'm thinking about a model 92 but I'm hesitant to buy from someplace that has no physical address and no phone #. The last time I did that I got burned buying some magazines. No way to contact them after the sale and they never returned my emails.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Anyone know anything about this online company?

https://winchestergunstore.com/

I'm thinking about a model 92 but I'm hesitant to buy from someplace that has no physical address and no phone #. The last time I did that I got burned buying some magazines. No way to contact them after the sale and they never returned my emails.
    I found my answer. As suspected it's a scam.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

The opposite of a "tactical" LA

Winchester 1886 (45-70) Extra Light High Grade - 1 of 1,000

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List