Page 164 of 178 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1774

Thread: Lever Guns

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Agree. The only request I'd add is a threaded barrel, because reasons. I could live without the big rail on top, especially if Aridus ever puts the Aimpoint Micro or RMR mounts they teased a few years ago into production. The XS style ghost ring sights should stay, for my intended use though.
    I initially put a long XS LeverRail on my JM 1894CSS, but the carbine had an out of spec rear sight dovetail (among other issues) and the combination was a bit of a botch job. In the end, I sawed off the front of the LeverRail at the point where I did not lose any useful - to me - scope ring real estate, and I have never missed the extra length. So no, a long rail is not necessary for me either, though I like the semi-integral rear aperture. Threaded barrel? Meh. They could add that feature and I'd just leave a thread protector on.

Were I a younger cat, I would pull a Diogenes and search for the gunsmith who could cut the barrel/mag tube down to just over 16" and remount the front sight just behind the barrel band... and do it without screwing things up, thus tanking the carbine. If he's around here, he's in hiding. To be honest, what it would cost would probably not be paid for by being a whole lot handier than it already is. But I have it in my head that I want a 16" (or so) 1894 CSS.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Sportsmans Warehouse has them listed for $1099 Marlin Classic Series Model 1894 Satin Blued Lever Action Rifle - 357 Magnum - 18.63in | Sportsman's Warehouse (sportsmans.com)

As much as I want to whip out the credit card, I really need to wait till after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Sportsmans Warehouse has them listed for $1099 Marlin Classic Series Model 1894 Satin Blued Lever Action Rifle - 357 Magnum - 18.63in | Sportsman's Warehouse (sportsmans.com)

As much as I want to whip out the credit card, I really need to wait till after Christmas.
    As much as I whine about my 1894CSS, and as much as I think I know better than RugLin does about worthwhile features, there is nothing wrong with the .357 1894 that is now available. There was a time that I considered it the best off-the rack, all-purpose lever action PCC available to anyone not a part of some big club they ain't in.

(Come to think about it, due to the demise of the 1894CSLB and other .357 1894 variants, it is once again the best off-the rack, all-purpose lever action PCC available to anyone not a part of some big club they ain't in.)

You are less than two weeks out from "after Christmas," and then a truly fun and useful shooting iron awaits you!
    gn

Rossi's new R95 is now also available in .45-70. He also mentions there's a triple black version coming out this month but that's literally all is said about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Rossi's new R95 is now also available in .45-70. He also mentions there's a triple black version coming out this month but that's literally all is said about it.

TBH, my first reaction was that if people thought Remlins were pieces of s**t, wait until they get hold of a Roslin.

Perhaps I am being uncharitable this morning.
    gn

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    TBH, my first reaction was that if people thought Remlins were pieces of s**t, wait until they get hold of a Roslin.

Doesn’t mean you’re wrong…

Anyone here have experience with the Mossberg? I think it’s the 464? A family member is looking for a .30-30 and it’s supposedly in their price range but I can’t offer any guidance on those rifles.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post

Taurus owns Rossi.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Anyone here have experience with the Mossberg? I think it’s the 464? A family member is looking for a .30-30 and it’s supposedly in their price range but I can’t offer any guidance on those rifles.
    A friend owned one for a spell. It was reliable, and a sorta plain vanilla 30-30, but it shot well. Winchester fever was too much for him, and he sold it/traded it to get a pre-64 model 94, which he ended up having to replace internals due to wear.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Thanks! I handed one of those Rossi R95s yesterday and didn’t find anything objectionable besides the price ($920+tax)*. There’s a Mossberg at the same shop but I didn’t handle it. For $600+tax it will probably do what he needs a .30-30 lever action to do. I just need to check it out and try to make sure it’s not a flaming POS.

*The price of the Rossi is probably in line with the market and on par with Henry AFAIK but I still find the idea of non-collectible ~$1000 lever actions ludicrous. I know I’m behind the power curve when it comes to market prices and fully admit I’m yelling at clouds at this point.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List