Page 128 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1774

Thread: Lever Guns

Site Supporter
    Threaded barrel, with factory-installed thread protector, has a 11/16" x 24 pattern to accommodate a muzzle brake or other barrel accessories.
    Gosh, I wonder that they may be...

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Gosh, I wonder that they may be...
    If I buy any more hunting rifles, they will be threaded. While I think a suppressed .30-30 firing the new subsonic Sub-X load should be fine for the 25-50 yard ranges I hunt here on my property, a suppressed .45-70 hurling a 400 grain slug at just under the speed of sound would be a frickin' hammer.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    a suppressed .45-70 hurling a 400 grain slug at just under the speed of sound would be a frickin' hammer.
    And lots of fun. Doesn’t have to be suppressed but that’s sort of why I sort of want a .450 Bushmaster upper and maybe bolt action carbine.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter

Thanks for the heads up

New Ruger-built Marlin 1895SBL rifles are in the wild.

A bunch of paid advertising cleverly disguised as journalism on the web talk about new manufacturing processes.

MSRP $1399. When I look at the feature set on that rifle, combined with the new process, I honestly don't think that's out of line. I don't really like the shininess of that rifle so if the come out with a blued/DLC/parkerized/whatever version, I'll reconsider.
    I’ve been hoping to find a Marlin Dark 1895 but everything on GunBroker has been closer to $2-3k. I’m not sure if they plan on carrying over the Dark series now that it’s owned by Ruger but I think that would also fit your requirements. As far as loads, has anyone dealt with IQ Munitions? They’ve got a 550 grain hardcast at about 1000fps. Any of the 45> cans and it sounds like a fun formula.

https://www.iqmunitions.com/product/45-70-govt-magnuforce-subsonic-ammunition/

Site Supporter
    If I buy any more hunting rifles, they will be threaded. While I think a suppressed .30-30 firing the new subsonic Sub-X load should be fine for the 25-50 yard ranges I hunt here on my property, a suppressed .45-70 hurling a 400 grain slug at just under the speed of sound would be a frickin' hammer.
    .45-70 subsonic 500gr bullets out of a suppressed T/C encore with 12” barrel.

Shooting starts at 3:55.

Midwest Industries just posted this on Instagram. A new version of their Mlok rail with a full length top pic rail.

Name:  midwest.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  101.5 KB

They don't have it on their website yet but here's the OP.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CYMP7kpr39i/

While I'm at it, here's the stock in the pic too.
    https://chiselmachining.com/product/...luminum-stock/
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Midwest Industries just posted this on Instagram. A new version of their Mlok rail with a full length top pic rail.

Name:  midwest.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  101.5 KB

They don't have it on their website yet but here's the OP.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CYMP7kpr39i/

While I'm at it, here's the stock in the pic too.
    https://chiselmachining.com/product/...luminum-stock/
    That's a fairly expensive set up but anybody that's scorched the earth for: that level of horsepower, in a handy rifle, with more than 3 rounds down in the mag, and weather adverse finish, it's a very solid choice.
    Extra points if you already load 45-70's

So has anyone been watching the prices on the threaded Henrys? I’ve been offered a H010X with ~200 rounds of .45-70 for under 1K.

I’d been planning on something like a No.1 to fill the .45-70 slot but this seems like too good of a deal to pass up? It’s a family member so I know it’s a legit offer.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    So has anyone been watching the prices on the threaded Henrys? I’ve been offered a H010X with ~200 rounds of .45-70 for under 1K.

I’d been planning on something like a No.1 to fill the .45-70 slot but this seems like too good of a deal to pass up? It’s a family member so I know it’s a legit offer.
    Assuming it's in any kind of reasonable condition, I think that's a good price for that gun and that much .45-70 ammo. Is it one of the side gates?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Assuming it's in any kind of reasonable condition, I think that's a good price for that gun and that much .45-70 ammo. Is it one of the side gates?
    Thanks, it’s the all black threaded version with the side gate. He bought it new and put one box, maybe 2 through it.

I thought it was a good price even without the ammo but a quick check on GB turned up closed auctions of $1600+ and I didn’t dig deep enough to see if they were actually completed or if the buyers flaked and they’re really selling in the $600-range or something.

User Tag List