Page 163 of 178 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1774

Thread: Lever Guns

are there advantages/disadvantages between the inherent design of the Marlin 1894 .357 vs a Henry Big Boy .357 w/ side loading gate?

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    At $1600, I don’t either.

It is an awesome gun, though, and very useful. The JM sitting in the safe was … uh … not that much. And I’m keeping it.
    I consider them the "comfort food" of utility pistol caliber carbines. I have a nice blued JM one that sits in the safe, while the stainless late JM one with all the factory flaws gets used.

Name:  1894CSS-LateProdJM_cropped.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  16.0 KB

If Ruger started cranking out some 16" stainless .357 versions, I'd get one and sell the blued JM.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I'd be interested to see if Ruger re-designed the carrier on the .357 1894c to eliminate the Marlin-jam.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I will definitely look forward to at least handling one of these. Would be a fun woods companion to my GP, and it would be nice to not worry about scratching or rusting the JM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    FYI

Marlin/Ruger has quietly released the 1894 in .357 Mag. Found one on gun broker for a slightly inflated price over MSRP https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1021356859

I am gonna wait a bit and see if I can score one at MSRP.
    I would really like to see them offer the .357 1894CSBL again but with a straight stock and standard (not oversize) lever; that would be my ideal compact "non-scary" utility carbine, suitable for all ages and sizes, and not a PITA to put a micro optic on. Pistol grip stocks on short leverguns are anathema to me, as are levers my fingers slop around in.
    gn

PSA has the 1894 Marlin 357 in stock $1,299
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/marl...nut-70410.html
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    PSA has the 1894 Marlin 357 in stock $1,299
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/marl...nut-70410.html
    It's a good start. This caliber/configuration has long seemed to fill the bill for a lot of people.

(I remember when the 1894CS was the only .357 in the Marlin lineup, and I was more than happy to get one... look how jaded a cat can become as the years go by.)

For me, the biggest negative to the CS/CSS has always been the carbine-style forend and barrel band rather than the "short rifle"-style nose cap and no barrel band. I may be the only complainer out there.
    gn

Battlehawk Armory sent me an email this morning with a large selection of Marlin leverguns, including the 357 version for $1199
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

It wouldn't add to the look I guess, but I wish it had threaded barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    I would really like to see them offer the .357 1894CSBL again but with a straight stock and standard (not oversize) lever; that would be my ideal compact "non-scary" utility carbine, suitable for all ages and sizes, and not a PITA to put a micro optic on. Pistol grip stocks on short leverguns are anathema to me, as are levers my fingers slop around in.
    Agree. The only request I'd add is a threaded barrel, because reasons. I could live without the big rail on top, especially if Aridus ever puts the Aimpoint Micro or RMR mounts they teased a few years ago into production. The XS style ghost ring sights should stay, for my intended use though.

User Tag List