Page 129 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1764

Thread: Lever Guns

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Thanks, it’s the all black threaded version with the side gate. He bought it new and put one box, maybe 2 through it.

I thought it was a good price even without the ammo but a quick check on GB turned up closed auctions of $1600+ and I didn’t dig deep enough to see if they were actually completed or if the buyers flaked and they’re really selling in the $600-range or something.

I'm guessing most of those sales went through. There's been a resurgence in interest in lever guns of late. I think it's equal parts people being bored with yet another AR15 build, and fear of impending legislation. Also I think once people get their mitts on one, the figure out how handy they are. There's also been a resurgence of interest in the .45-70, particularly as a supressed cartridge. Part of that is due to to Wind River and whatever sequel to Jurassic Park featured the 1895, and part of it is because it's a really handy cartridge. Couple that with the general craziness around demand for guns in general, and I think folks are actually paying $1600 for Henry .45-70s. Last I checked, the new Ruger/Marlin 1895SBL rifles had multiple auctions well north of that price.

I think for essentially a brand new rifle, south of a $1K is a great deal. Every Henry I've put my mitts on has had great build quality, and they often have some really nice wood. A quick check of Ammoseek shows the very cheapest .45-70 ammo going for $2.30 a round.

I'm at a point in life where I'm trying to simplify the amount of stuff I own, and engaging in lots of #JOMO on the latest hotness. I don't have a burning desire to buy any new guns at the moment, but there are about a half-dozen things I'd consider once we move into a more stabilized market. A .45-70 levergun with a threaded muzzle is at the very top of that list.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Sounds like Ruger learned from Remingtons mistakes, good on them. I look forward to quality Marlins being available at my LGS again.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Sounds like Ruger learned from Remingtons mistakes, good on them. I look forward to quality Marlins being available at my LGS again.

I hope they make a million of them in 357 so the price comes back down on them. They are scarcer than hen's teeth.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Looks like they are selling for more than double msrp

Wow, it looks like Ruger did a great job. I also can’t wait to see the .357 versions.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

So has anyone been watching the prices on the threaded Henrys? I’ve been offered a H010X with ~200 rounds of .45-70 for under 1K.

I’d been planning on something like a No.1 to fill the .45-70 slot but this seems like too good of a deal to pass up? It’s a family member so I know it’s a legit offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I think for essentially a brand new rifle, south of a $1K is a great deal. Every Henry I've put my mitts on has had great build quality, and they often have some really nice wood.
    Brought it home last night. It's the H010X and it came with 94 rounds (60 Leverevolution 325gr, 20 Federal 300gr, 14 HSM 405gr), as well as a Tromix radial compensator and Weaver rail already installed. The 6 missing 405 grainers are probably the only rounds he fired through it.

It's heavier than I recalled which is nice because I was thinking the poly furniture meant "lightweight" but it's almost 7.5# which is comforting when I look at those small artillery shells. I know stock design plays a part in felt recoil so I'm curious how this one will handle it. The Marlin 1895CB I had years ago was very unpleasant off the bench compared to my H&R Buffalo Classic despite being much heavier.

This is certainly a rifle I have minimal use for. I mainly bought it to help out a family member with the intention to flip it for a .308 RPR or .45-70 No1 but now I'm not so sure. I don't hunt and practically all of my long gun shooting is off a bench. If I'm shooting .45-70 I prefer black powder in a single shot. But I'm sitting here trying to remember where I put my short M-Lok rail sections to mount a light and if I should mount a LPVO or red dot in case we're overrun by rogue elephants, T-Rexes or light armored vehicles...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Brought it home last night. It's the H010X and it came with 94 rounds (60 Leverevolution 325gr, 20 Federal 300gr, 14 HSM 405gr), as well as a Tromix radial compensator and Weaver rail already installed. The 6 missing 405 grainers are probably the only rounds he fired through it.

It's heavier than I recalled which is nice because I was thinking the poly furniture meant "lightweight" but it's almost 7.5# which is comforting when I look at those small artillery shells. I know stock design plays a part in felt recoil so I'm curious how this one will handle it. The Marlin 1895CB I had years ago was very unpleasant off the bench compared to my H&R Buffalo Classic despite being much heavier.

This is certainly a rifle I have minimal use for. I mainly bought it to help out a family member with the intention to flip it for a .308 RPR or .45-70 No1 but now I'm not so sure. I don't hunt and practically all of my long gun shooting is off a bench. If I'm shooting .45-70 I prefer black powder in a single shot. But I'm sitting here trying to remember where I put my short M-Lok rail sections to mount a light and if I should mount a LPVO or red dot in case we're overrun by rogue elephants, T-Rexes or light armored vehicles...
    I'd like to remind you that a robot uprising in our lifetime is probably inevitable, and .45-70 may be the perfect tool for that.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'd like to remind you that a robot uprising in our lifetime is probably inevitable, and .45-70 may be the perfect tool for that.
    Just one more thing to worry about.

https://youtu.be/7Dlo-VB0-HI?t=133
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Name:  D4CFEB3A-3C74-4335-9245-658AB1E9A0B8.jpeg
Views: 443
Size:  41.5 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Just one more thing to worry about.

https://youtu.be/7Dlo-VB0-HI?t=133
    https://youtu.be/2IPAOxrH7Ro?t=43
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List