Page 51 of 178 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever Guns

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Now that is a nice rifle. Would you like to trade it for a S&W....?
    It’s an AE with a x-bolt safety.

It’s kind of on permanent loan from my brother. He gave it to me, but he wants it back if I ever decide to give it up. I don’t know if he’ll care for the sling, but I can’t see having any kind of rifle without a carry strap.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    One good thing about the safety is applying it makes unloading more safe.

Name:  M92 PUMA.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  17.6 KB

Puma 92 38/357
    Last edited by Frank R; 04-21-2018 at 11:51 PM.
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

The only center-fire lever rifle I have is a JM marked 1895G with factory ported barrel in 45-70. It is a fine shooting gun. I plan on putting XS ghost ring sights on it one day.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    It does help revolvers, though I wont go so far as to give stainless any more credit than necessary. I just live with the shiny edges and call it good, or cold blue the spots with Brownells oxpho blue, all the while thinking "sure glad its not stainless..."
    You clearly don't live here on the Mold Coast, where moisture continually attempts to return everything to the earth from whence it came at a vastly accelerated rate.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Finally got the time to hit the “pay to use” square range today. Amongst the list of “to-do’s” is sighting in my 94 with the Williams sight and shooting a number of hard cast loads for velocity and accuracy. Goal is to have a serious use load and a reduced load for plinking.

Will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    You clearly don't live here on the Mold Coast, where moisture continually attempts to return everything to the earth from whence it came at a vastly accelerated rate.
    No, I dont, mostly Az and the Rockies. I do sympathize and understand the practicality of stainless, I own one, (640), but just prefer blued whenever possible. If I lived where my guns tried to return to their elemental state as quickly as possible, Id likely be a huge fan.

Well...possible epic fail with the cast loads. See post in the Reloading Forum.

Cast loads on the bench awaiting further troubleshooting. Broke down and bought 4 boxes of W/W 170gr PowerPoint to play with up north. Had an enjoyable day dinging steel off the back deck. That Williams sight was a good investment, although its looks need some getting used to.

For whatever reason, I’ve entered into a “minimalist phase”. Wiz bang ARs are sitting in the safe. I have found solace in keeping things simple firearms wise. Amazing on how well they work too.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Cast loads on the bench awaiting further troubleshooting. Broke down and bought 4 boxes of W/W 170gr PowerPoint to play with up north. Had an enjoyable day dinging steel off the back deck. That Williams sight was a good investment, although its looks need some getting used to.

For whatever reason, I’ve entered into a “minimalist phase”. Wiz bang ARs are sitting in the safe. I have found solace in keeping things simple firearms wise. Amazing on how well they work too.
    Is the Williams sight the one that mounts on the top edge of the receiver? If so, the older side mount type are sleeker, nicer looking. You would have to drill and tap for it though if yours is an angle eject. Not a hard project though.

I agree on the appeal of simple firearms. ARs have a time and place, but dont have much draw to me on a regular basis or for day to day carry around the place or in the truck.

Reloading some 130 gr Speers or 110 gr Speer JHPs for milder loads may be useful if the cast get troublesome.

....Or just some other cast bullets of a known quantity that dont need tuning.
    Last edited by Malamute; 05-02-2018 at 09:04 PM.

User Tag List