Page 101 of 178 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1774

Thread: Lever Guns

Looking at some of them on the web, it appears that they have both.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Yes, loading gate AND the traditional Henry tube mag loading capability.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    From this morning's email, the game literally changes:

"Dear Henry Dealers,
    By popular demand, we are excited to announce to you a large transition in our product line to include side loading gates on all steel-framed centerfire lever-action rifles and shotguns that did not already have this feature."
    Oh, my. The lack of a side-loading gate was the sole reason why I never considered buying a centerfire Henry.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Carried the Marlin 1894 while hiking/scouting deer yesterday. I have never carried it anywhere except to and from the car to go shoot it since I bought it.

Oh, my! What a pleasant little rifle this is, not just for shooting center fire with a giggly level of fun and completely negligible level of noise and recoil, but also just the carrying of it!

Now I have to think of more reasons/situations to carry it. Really has become a favorite.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Back when I lived in a rural area, I almost always had a cased Winchester 94 in the trunk of my car.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Considering I paid over a hundo for my HPG lever gun light mount, that Henry is a good deal. There are a couple of right ways to mount a light to a lever gun, and a bunch of half-ass ways. I think all the right ways require you to bust out at least a Benjamin.

I could quibble with the fact that the .30-30 length action is heavier and longer than needed for pistol cartridges, but the simple truth is you can't buy a new Marlin right now, because they aren't getting made.

I wish I'd thought to pick up a spare 1894c carrier before things went south for Remington. A quick search shows they aren't in stock at the usual suspects. I can probably scare one up if I need one.

This is a smart move by Henry. They can grab a bunch of market share while Marlin is on the ropes. New Winchesters are expensive. I think people are wary of Brazilian import Rossi. I think their only real competition for American made lever guns right now is the Mossberg 464.

As people are afraid of the black helicopters coming to take their AR15s on inauguration day, they're eyeing lever guns. After they get one, and actually spend some time walking around with it, they'll find out what an easy gun they are to live with.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I expect that Ruger will do good things with Marlin.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    I expect that Ruger will do good things with Marlin.
    Me too, but it's a very open ended time frame right now. I'd be impressed if they are shipping guns by this time next year.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

The weather has been utter shite here recently, which has got me thinking. Winchester 94 's have surely been carried in all sorts of inclement weather, but it's still a blued steel and wood stock firearm. What maintenance tips do you guys with experience with these guns have, either in general or after exposure to unpleasant weather conditions?

What reasonable, no gunsmith required options are there for mounting a light to the right side of a 94?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    The weather has been utter shite here recently, which has got me thinking. Winchester 94 's have surely been carried in all sorts of inclement weather, but it's still a blued steel and wood stock firearm. What maintenance tips do you guys with experience with these guns have, either in general or after exposure to unpleasant weather conditions?

What reasonable, no gunsmith required options are there for mounting a light to the right side of a 94?
    Wipe down and oil when you come in out of the weather or get back to camp. If you’re coming in from the cold into a heated space, or vice versa, be sure to run a couple patches down the bore to clean out the condensation. A bit of oil goes a long way.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List