Page 79 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever Guns

Site Supporter
    The nice thing about Henry's new loading gate models is that they retain the tube loading feature, which is nice for unloading. I prefer a loading gate myself, but the truth is the tube loading method will work fine for most situations, the advantage to a loading gate being the ability to top off the magazine.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Seems like if Henry wanted to move a lot of product, they'd make a side gate version of the Big Boy and pick up the CAS guys. I'd think that would get the ball rolling faster, sooner, than .30-30 and .35 Rem.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    side gate version of the Big Boy and pick up the CAS guys.
    It is already legal in its current tube loading form for most SASS divisions and the tube loading does not matter since you almost never load a round on the clock, and most SASS competitors willing to pay that price level for a rifle want a short stroke action and it is not so much that..... for SASS Classic divisions, and for all of NCOWS it is still not a replica of any gun that was ever made pre-1900 so it will never be legal, gate or not..

Site Supporter
    Internet chatter says that Henry lever rifles don't hold up well to cas. l have owned three. Two went back to the factory. The company has had much practice in their customer service effort which does have a stellar reputation. I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I don’t have time to watch all 27 minutes right now, but the opening made me LoL. Clearly, there is a spot in hell for me if I don’t get a grip on my sense of humor.

Bigghoss, your posts tend to deliver.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I don’t have time to watch all 27 minutes right now, but the opening made me LoL.
    I watched most of it (what can I say, lever gun content...) and the intro was by far the best part. Mostly a typical Garand Thumb gun video, except he veered off to market some home security setup about half way through. Definitely not one of his better videos. Actual gun content was perhaps 15 minutes of the video, in total.

I did really like the video because I really want an 1894 and I don't have a huge interest/need in a super high end AR15 like he often reviews. I had heard Marlin's quality had come back but I still feel a little better about eventually getting an 1894 in .357. However I'll agree that it isn't his best video. It felt like maybe he should have spent more time with the gun, set it up a little more than just mounting a light, maybe double the round count (500 seems a little low for any review), and gone more into how to run the gun. The sales pitch didn't bother me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Just traded into a Rossi m92. 20" .357 mag.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Just traded into a Rossi m92. 20" .357 mag.
    I've had one of those (model 92 clone from EMF) for over 10 years and really like it. Light, handy and pack 10 rds of .357. Mine is pie plate accurate at 100 yds off the bench.

User Tag List