Thread: Wedding pistols?

Wedding pistols?

Greetings and salutations! I found this forum while browsing and seemed like there was a bunch of knowledgeable pistol enthusiast here.

Me and my wife have been thinking about getting married for years! the thing is, we have two very different taste on pistols. Instead of wedding rings we thought of pistols instead. Both of us have our concealed carry licenses, however that's where the similarities end.

Her favored pistol is a sig 226, mine is a full framed berretta 92fs.

both her and my pistol are double stacked meaning we both can shoot the same amount of rounds. I have seen and read that one can modify a baretta mag to fit a sig. It would be nice if we could both share rounds. So in the event that I have to throw my old lady a magazine I can.

So really before I start or do any of these things, will my baretta still be able to use the same mags after modification? Is there a better option where we can both share the same magazines? Or should I simply be content we share the same ammo?

I think you should be content that your wife is awesome and that the amount of money you're saving by not bothering with jewelry will buy you each plenty of spare magazines.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    First of all you should be happy you found a woman who likes to shoot. Congratulations. Beyond that be content y'all can share the same ammo.

Magazines are the heart of a semi automatic pistol and I wouldn't want to start modifying them and introducing problems or not exist.. Magazines for both the Sigg 226 and the Beretta 92F are plentiful and inexpensive. Both SIG and beretta are little proud of their factory magazines, but mecgar of Italy makes factory OEM magazines for both makers and their magazines are available directly from Medgar without the factory logo for a fraction of the price.

The whole concept of tossing your battle buddy a mag in an emergency is highly overrated, even for law-enforcement agencies.

Be content you share the ammo

I don't know that there are modifications you can make to a Beretta mag in order to make it work in a SIG but if there are I would be very wary of them. The last thing you want to do is mess your mags up and screw up the superb reliability of your Beretta.

As to "throwing your old lady a magazine", if you have to do that in the heat of a fight, odds are the problem you're trying to solve requires an AR or equivalent long gun and you both are probably better off beating feet. I don't think that outside extended gunfights by Mil or LE (e.g. North Hollywood bank shootout) that regular civilians (like you seem to be, correct me if I'm wrong) will ever find themselves with the type of need for ammo you describe. If it really concerns you, you have some options; 1) both of you should carry more mags, 2) buy extended capacity mags (I know that Meg Gar makes quality 18 rounders for the Beretta, I don't know about SIG), 3) all of the above 4) buy each other a pair of the same small back up guns (maybe on your first anniversary ) that you both like to shoot and carry, 5) all of the above again.

You probably both should have back up guns (BUGs) anyway

In any case, it looks like you have found yourself a wonderful woman and I like that you exchanged pistols for your vows.

I'm sorry, but this thread is stupid...it really is. Buy magazines that are made for your specific gun & drive on.

Buy 2 sigs and 2 berettas. Use the sigs on odd numbered days and the berettas on even numbered ones.

Problem solved.

Site Supporter
    The first thing I would think of for guns exchanged at a wedding in lieu of jewelry is engraving. Do a google search for BBQ guns or Texas Ranger Guns.

Quote Originally Posted by arashi View Post

Her favored pistol is a sig 226, mine is a full framed berretta 92fs....
    I think that making fun of someone can be useful for them, and entertaining for others. I know it has helped me get sorted over the years. Having said that, this is a ridiculous thread. Plus, it is obvious that she has better taste than you do:-)

We just celebrated our 25th anniversary so I feel qualified to give you some marriage advice. Presuming you want to be married to her a quarter century from now, the ability to share pistol mags is the least of your concerns.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    I'm sorry, but this thread is stupid...it really is. Buy magazines that are made for your specific gun & drive on.
    Some things are better left unsaid.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List