Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Person, POV, murder - a new trend?

Such videos have a huge emotional impact on the viewer. I believe it will likely be a strong anti-gun tactic to show these videos constantly.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 08-27-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Using Twitter's Periscope a narcissistic sociopath could live stream POV evil.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

They're still just snuff films and snuff films have been around a while. The only difference is that YouTube hosted this one. YouTube eventually closes down controversial videos after a couple hours or days. At least it seems that way IME of clicking popular links people post.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Using Twitter's Periscope a narcissistic sociopath could live stream POV evil.
    Bingo! This is perfect for narcissistic sociopaths, and unfortunately the age of social media has also seen a huge upsurge in the number of narcissistic sociopaths. Pretty soon we will be getting professionally produced mass killing videos in which the sociopath calmly narrates what he is doing before he uploads the file to tens of thousands of eager viewers.

Meanwhile, a larger and larger percentage of our young people are unable to explain why such behavior is wrong, especially if the sociopath is claiming "racism" or some other form of victimhood. They probably don't like it, but lots of them have been taught that the worst of all behaviors is to be "judgmental."

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    They're still just snuff films and snuff films have been around a while. The only difference is that YouTube hosted this one. YouTube eventually closes down controversial videos after a couple hours or days. At least it seems that way IME of clicking popular links people post.
    By the time a video hosting site finds and pulls an objectionable video, its already been shared and downloaded multiple times.

There is another side of the issue as well. While seeing people die on screen undoubtedly sucks for the victims and their families , we among the living get a chance to learn how to stop this heinous BS .

Case in point; this latest incident is a powerful example of how situational awareness beats hardware , caliber, or any other conventional material minutae surrounding self defense.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    By the time a video hosting site finds and pulls an objectionable video, its already been shared and downloaded multiple times.

There is another side of the issue as well. While seeing people die on screen undoubtedly sucks for the victims and their families , we among the living get a chance to learn how to stop this heinous BS .

Case in point; this latest incident is a powerful example of how situational awareness beats hardware , caliber, or any other conventional material minutae surrounding self defense.
    Just posted about this on my site...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'm surprised it took this long to "catch on". Back in 2001, the DeNiro flick "15 Minutes" came out. Plot is a pair of Russians (IIRC) going around murdering some folks in NYC, fully videoing/editing them, in hopes of getting their proverbial 15 minutes of fame. FFWD 14 years, and it seems to have come into its own.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

It's only going to be a new trend because the media made it one. Good going media.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 08-27-2015 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    It's only going to be a new trend because the media made it one. Good going media.
    Exactly. Snuff films have been passed around on the Internet for years and years. I saw some of that shit screwing around as a kid when P2P file transfer (Napster/Morpheus/etc.) first started. If this instance hadn't happened on live TV it's unlikely we'd be talking about it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by johncorey View Post
    I'm surprised it took this long to "catch on". Back in 2001, the DeNiro flick "15 Minutes" came out. Plot is a pair of Russians (IIRC) going around murdering some folks in NYC, fully videoing/editing them, in hopes of getting their proverbial 15 minutes of fame. FFWD 14 years, and it seems to have come into its own.
    Kinda sounds like a fucked up group of teenagers from Belarus, Ukraine, or Russia back around the same time frame. Can't remember which country. They recorded themselves attacking and murdering random strangers. Seriously heinous shit.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List