Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR CTT-Solutions Advanced Handgun - 2015-08-15/16 - Eagle Lake, TX

Quote Originally Posted by benq View Post
    What led you to believe some of the students "didn't belong"?

I ask because I would hate to attend any class if my current skills were either severely lacking or surpassing the curriculum being taught.
    That is a pretty easy one. It is not so much about your skills as in how good you are, but your safety and gunhandling. At the advanced level a student needs to be at the point where good, robust, safe gunhandling is automatic. Anything less and not only is it dangerous, but slows the class down. Of course you should also have the basics down before attending an advanced class, but some people dont get that. Hope that is a little help.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Cool, good writeup. Curious about the reloads though--if magazines don't drop free, why use support hand index finger to pry it out while coming up with the reload, as opposed to stripping it out on the way down? Also any notable reliability issues from the other shooters that you'd care to share? Curious about the Brig-Tac.
    Sorry. Hadn't checked in. The BT ran wonderfully. I finished the class at 1600 rounds without cleaning. I experienced two operator induced malfunctions. I found the checkering, while not seeming aggressive, was tearing me up after 60+ presentations and needed my gloves. The gun got hot but never burned me. I did push past my fatigue threshold and performance degraded as the second day came to a close. I learned a lot about the 92 and what I did and did not like about the platform. I like TDA. However I don't think the 92 will become my primary. The P09 Mike was running made me consider a CGW P07 but HK pricing on the mags has me thinking otherwise. In the end I'll prolly grab a pair of Gen4 G19's and stick to those and my revolvers. Just wish the Glock trigger was more revolverish.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    This is a splendid after action report.

I just re-read it again.

I took a Covert Carry Class from Mike Pannone in 2017 and I read your AAR before attending the class and rediscovered it just now.

VERY WELL DONE

User Tag List