Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone put enough rounds through a Ruger LCR...

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Thanks for the link.

I'm a bit surprised that you got the SL Variants to work in your gun, I tried mine in my gun and got a hard jam, as in get out tools and the bad language to fix the problem.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I have a .38 one that I carried for awhile and liked. When the girlfriend became a live in, I gave it to her for a bedside. It has been a reliable easy to shoot little revolver with no issues. I just got her a .22 Mag version and will be repossessing the .38 as she is super recoil sensitive.

Chuck, if you need a holster, I have a custom made Desbiens AIWB you may want to try out.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Thanks for this information. I've like the LCR's I've shot, but unless that was simply an early model and they've gotten more durable, I think I will stick to J-frames (and light-to-moderate loads).
    To an old-school mechanic like me, polymer and revolvers is… wrong. Yes, plastic works great in self-loaders. But a revolver relies on good fit/close tolerances. The wags who bray about revolvers being uber-reliable, never jamming, etc., ad nauseum… they don't know what they don't know.

That said, I have no doubt the LCR is a durable wheel gun which can generally be depended upon. It is a Ruger, after all; but so is a P95, and while that thing and its relatives are indeed durable and reliable (for the most part), they are not what I would refer to as the pinnacle of shooting machines, if you get my drift…

Aesthetics matter not to some folks. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I have a .38 one that I carried for awhile and liked. When the girlfriend became a live in, I gave it to her for a bedside. It has been a reliable easy to shoot little revolver with no issues. I just got her a .22 Mag version and will be repossessing the .38 as she is super recoil sensitive.

Chuck, if you need a holster, I have a custom made Desbiens AIWB you may want to try out.

I'll have to check that holster out in Oct then
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    To an old-school mechanic like me, polymer and revolvers is… wrong. Yes, plastic works great in self-loaders. But a revolver relies on good fit/close tolerances. The wags who bray about revolvers being uber-reliable, never jamming, etc., ad nauseum… they don't know what they don't know.

That said, I have no doubt the LCR is a durable wheel gun which can generally be depended upon. It is a Ruger, after all; but so is a P95, and while that thing and its relatives are indeed durable and reliable (for the most part), they are not what I would refer to as the pinnacle of shooting machines, if you get my drift…

Aesthetics matter not to some folks. Nothing wrong with that.

Everything that requires the revolver tolerances is either surrounded by steel (357) or aluminum (38)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I'll have to check that holster out in Oct then
    I have a Bladetech nano holster for the LCR I can sell ya ... like new.
    http://shop.blade-tech.com/nano-hols...l#.Vd4dL5f6HQh
    Last edited by eb07; 08-26-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Everything that requires the revolver tolerances is either surrounded by steel (357) or aluminum (38)

Well, then the fact that my mother's example was loose and "rattle-y" after 100 rounds makes it even worse, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Well, then the fact that my mother's example was loose and "rattle-y" after 100 rounds makes it even worse, IMO.

We have explained the rattle.... it's normal. You do understand that right? I posted the explanation above.

But what was loose? You still haven't said. I have handled quite a few and they are all tight. Including mine that has close to 5K through it now.

All makes and models have lemons.... I had a jframe forcing cone crack in under 400 rounds. Should I go on ranting that they suck?

You might not know who you're talking to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ignore Alien Orders

I have around 350ish rounds through my .38 version. A mix of standard and +P with no issues.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List