Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Anyone put enough rounds through a Ruger LCR...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I had a SW 651 and wasn't happy with the 22 Mags in those day. Firing 50 round would glue it solid with unburned powder. I don't know if modern self-defense 22 Mag (like the Hornady Critical Defense) will do that.
    I had a 351C and when I could find ammo it was no issue to run the gun a couple of hundred rounds. Gold Dots were really nice.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Just saw a 327 mag version announced - http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5452.html
    Those assholes. Every time I mentioned .327 Federal to them at the NRA Annual Meeting they gave me all kinds of reasons it wouldn't work, including "It would need at least a three inch barrel."
    Barrel Length: 1.875"
    Last edited by Drang; 09-28-2015 at 06:33 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Capacity = 6?!! Now that is interesting.

Sent from my grey matter using telepathy.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    651 - since this was years ago, I don't recall the rounds. But the gun spewed residue. I bought the gun in Oregon, so it was before 1994. I recall at an indoor range, I could see on a paper target at 7 yards, clouds of crap like black dust. I had to spray the crap out of it, to get it to open. Nice gun, worth money now - oh, dear.

BTW, I have a NAA 22 mag mini with a 1 5/8 barrel. It is the one gun that truly scared me. I shot it in an indoor range between the two side walls. I thought I blew up. I could feel the blast hit me in the face, blow my hair back (had hair them) and the pressure under my eye protection. It was like a little cricket from MIB. Still got it and it's ok outside. Bought some of the Hornady CD for it but haven't shot it.

Just saw a 327 mag version announced - http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5452.html

I'd be tempted to switch my 432 for that, once I see one for real.
    Maybe this one will shoot to POA from the factory. I'll wait until reports start trickling in before getting excited over the little 6-shooter. Neat idea on paper though.

I have a LCR357 with 4000 rounds through it. 2800 of the rounds were a reload that replicated the Corbon 125gr. JHP357. The rest have been 38 & 38+p. Full house 357 was too much for the Arthiritis and lately I haven't shot any 357 only 38. The gun is holding up well and only shows ware from constant carry.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hammertime
    Data point: 2100 rounds through 9mm LCR.

Holding up fine. Probably won’t shoot I much more simply due to my recoil sensitivity and it is not fun at all to shoot. Much stouter than a .38.

User Tag List