Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone put enough rounds through a Ruger LCR...

trying to come up with a compact pistol to supplement my p2000 that I'll have soon. I believe the lcrx (hammer) may be the ticket.. anyone else have a recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I mainly shoot semi-autos and I have never short stroked an LCR trigger. I also think riding the rest is a bad idea though.
    Short stroking the LCR is much harder to do than an older Security Six, Sp101 or GP100, (the only other Ruger double actions I have any experience with.) I can induce the failure on my LCR but I have to try to make it happen.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Short stroking the LCR is much harder to do than an older Security Six, Sp101 or GP100, (the only other Ruger double actions I have any experience with.) I can induce the failure on my LCR but I have to try to make it happen.
    Same here. I know it can be done, I've demonstrated it, but my trigger finger is not so refined as to notice the first little click and be able to stop in time before the second one.

I remember hearing several reports of issues with the earlier guns. I want to say it was the .38s and flame cutting within only a few hundred rounds or so and folks were thinking the guns may not have been properly heat treated. I think it was in the first year and I recall seeing a youtube video on it but I can't find it anymore. It was a while ago. As with any new model, especially something like the LCR, I would not be surprised if there were teething problems early in it's production.

Site Supporter
    Just saw a 327 mag version announced - http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5452.html

I'd be tempted to switch my 432 for that, once I see one for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Just saw a 327 mag version announced - http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5452.html

I'd be tempted to switch my 432 for that, once I see one for real.
    I'm still holding out for an LCRx in .22 and .22 Mag. The .327 would definitely be on my 'want' list as an LCRx.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

anyone bob the hammer on a lcrx yet?

Site Supporter
    I had a SW 651 and wasn't happy with the 22 Mags in those day. Firing 50 round would glue it solid with unburned powder. I don't know if modern self-defense 22 Mag (like the Hornady Critical Defense) will do that.

Someone got a link to the suggested 38 ammo for a snubbie?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Someone got a link to the suggested 38 ammo for a snubbie?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....0-ACP-vs-38-Sp

Basically wadcutters, Gold Dot, Winchester Bonded, Critical Defense, DPX

On the non-Doc list I wouldn't lose sleep if my gun shot 158gr +P LSWCHP to the sights and I had a supply of it.

I've been carrying Remington WCs lately.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List