Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Almost Triples since 2007

Concealed Carry Almost Triples since 2007

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/stud...carry-soaring/
    This may explain why we are seeing a lot more new shooters in IDPA.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    5.2% of the total adult population has a permit.
    That's 1 in 20 people. While 5% doesn't sound like a lot, if 1 in every 20 people I see in Walmart are carrying that's a considerable amount of firepower. If I was a criminal, I think I'd consider a career change.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 08-26-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    That's 1 in 20 people. While 5% doesn't sound like a lot, if 1 in every 20 people I see in Walmart are carrying that's a considerable amount of firepower. If I was a criminal, I think I'd consider a career change.
    At the same time, how many of 1 in 20 people who have a permit actually carry?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    At the same time, how many of 1 in 20 people who have a permit actually carry?
    Good question. Probably not as many as I'd hope.

Hopefully they all get trained up, that many competent shooters in a community is an asset.

I fear about 80% of them will carry and after 5 years and 200 rounds they'll still classify IDPA novice. Hopefully the other 20% get roped up in USPSA or whatever and really excel. Personally I'm noticing a respectable number of young (high school) shooters in the area, hopefully it keeps up.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Bet it ain't even close to 1:60 where I live...

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

This is the fruit of a lot of legwork done by the NRA and other like-minded folk at the grassroots level after the 1994 AWB.

Before that bill passed, concealed carry was strengste verboten in more places than it was allowed and Joe Average hardly knew what an assault rifle was. After Senator Feinstein and President Clinton awoke the sleeping giant, the NRA helped a lot of new legislators, judges, and sheriffs get elected, and things began to go our way.

Classic case of going for a tactical win only to suffer a massive strategic loss.

Okie John

Most people carry when they think there's a need. It's really just the same flawed logic the stalwart use when they carry a lesser, "NPE" firearm.

Predicting when you might need NONE makes no more sense that predicting when you may need LESS, but most people do it on some level about certain things.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 08-26-2015 at 02:38 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    It's really just the same flawed logic the stalwart use when they carry a lesser, "NPE" firearm.
    The whole point of an NPE handgun is that it is more concealable, and so less detectable. Because, you know, being made in an NPE is a bad thing, particularly if one can't play the cop card.

It has nothing to do with thinking that one can get by with less gun because danger will be less........
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 08-26-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    The whole point of an NPE handgun is that it is more concealable, and so less detectable. Because, you know, being made in an NPE is a bad thing, particularly if one can't play the cop card.

It has nothing to do with thinking that one can get by with less gun because danger will be less........
    Forgive me. I shouldn't have used the term NPE, it's a foreign concept to me personally and I probably misused it in my post.

Let me offer this instead;

The flawed logic I was eluding to would be the guy that carries a J-Frame everyday being looked down on by the guy that selectively carries a J-Frame when he's making a milk run or something of that nature. The predictability of risks in all of this line of thinking has huge holes in it but it's only perceived subjectively. That's the thought I was trying to convey.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List