Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homeowner shoots fleeing home invader in back

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I must have missed it in the article, but where did it say that he chased after them and shot them down outside the home??
    If that was addressed to my comments, I'm just talking in general based on the cases I've seen myself, not this or any one particular incident.

Mas Ayoob discussed a case where a man aggressively pursued a man's wife , to the point where said individual kicked in the husband's door .

The husband drew down at the threshold but didn't initially shoot-the aggressor was a beefy, excon dude and had 200 lbs and a foot of height on him. Bad guy kept advancing , at which point husband fired . Bad guy sees the muzzle flashes and takes off out the same door he broke down , only to expire on the front lawn facedown.

Everything got handled properly at first until the ME sent his report to the DA regarding bullet holes in Mr Aggressive's backside. Murder charges were filed- they passed go and went directly to second degree because of the romantic angle despite the official objections of the responding officers .

DA argued the husband was so pissed off about the advances on his wife that he first threatened, then shot the invader in the back multiple times as a passion killing and broke down his own door in jealous rage.

Ayoob was able to show in court that the reaction times meant that Mr Aggressive could turn around and run faster then Mr Homeowner could stop shooting. IIRC the gun was a single stack Ruger .45 of some sort, emptied to slide lock .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I should note that I have been told, but have not confirmed, that this case may involve what were described as business associates in an amatuer pharmacology distribution business, which would add significantly to the shady factor involved.
    Most of the "home invasions" in my area involve dope, so that wouldn't surprise me.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I must have missed it in the article, but where did it say that he chased after them and shot them down outside the home??
    I believe I read it in an article written prior to charges being filed, but they're all badly written and edited. In the link I posted the prosecutor talks about the duty to retreat outside the home. I take it the reason he said that and filed charges is that they're sure shots were fired outside.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Most of the "home invasions" in my area involve dope, so that wouldn't surprise me.
    The very best way to avoid being the victim of a home invasion is to not be a drug dealer. Fact.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

In line with that, a vast majority of house fires we had were due to junior chemists making meth. A good way to avoid a home fire is to not have a meth lab.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The very best way to avoid being the victim of a home invasion is to not be a drug dealer. Fact.
    But even misguided individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit (/sarcasm) have a right to legally defend themselves (/serious).
    Last edited by StraitR; 08-26-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Or be the person to rent a house after a dope dealer rented it. I know a woman who had two home invasions within six months because she has unknowingly rented a house after a dope dealer had vacated it. Apparently the home invasion crews didn't get an announcement from the dealer telling them he had moved. She was lucky she wasn't harmed because they were quite agitated when they learned he had moved with no forwarding address.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Or be the person to rent a house after a dope dealer rented it. I know a woman who had two home invasions within six months because she has unknowingly rented a house after a dope dealer had vacated it. Apparently the home invasion crews didn't get an announcement from the dealer telling them he had moved. She was lucky she wasn't harmed because they were quite agitated when they learned he had moved with no forwarding address.
    Good point. They probably hit the wrong house more often than cops do.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    In line with that, a vast majority of house fires we had were due to junior chemists making meth. A good way to avoid a home fire is to not have a meth lab.
    I heard lint in the dryer is quite bad. Boy, do I live dangerously.

User Tag List